+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are these stupid reasons for leaving someone?

Are these stupid reasons for leaving someone?

Do you think that these are stupid reasons for leaving someone?

My ex-boyfriend told me that I was annoying him and he didn't want to be with me any more because I talked too loudly sometimes, because I criticised his driving (he drove WAY over the speed limit and had 4 accidents), because I complained when he showed up late and because I worried about stupid things (I am a bit of a worrier but I don't think that that is a major fault).

Do you think these are serious enough reasons to leave someone or do you think that he is just intolerant?

Maybe these incidents were simply 'pieces of straw.' Maybe it was your last incident that 'broke the camels back?'

If this is the case, then I do not believe he loved you as much as you think he may have. Maybe to him, you were just becoming intolerable, and without the love, there was nothing to keep you two bonded together. Therefore, yes, simple annoyances would want him to discontinue the relationship.

If simple things like these are tearing your relationship up then you two are truly not in love. Just stop. Depart as friends, and go on with your life. Find someone you love, AND who will love you back. Don't live in a dream.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

Why are you trying to look at it from an objective point of view? Relationships are surely subjective! He left because he did not like being with you, not because one would not like being with you.