+ Follow This Topic

Thread: being in love is exhausting!

being in love is exhausting!

hey everyone!

so ive been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now. And although that doesnt seem like a long time, we have become very (VERY) close with each other over that time, and have confessed our love for each other. And that's great. But at the same time, I constantly feel this overwhelming sense of nervousness.

Its kind of like...rather than just enjoying the relationship for what it is, when we're apart (we live on opposite sides of the city to each other, and hence only see each other maybe 2 or 3 days out of the week), I constantly feel this feeling of edginess and a kind of sadness, and have the continual feeling of "this is great, but at any moment she could just decide/realize that she could do better than me" and then leave me.

It wasn't like this when I didn't have such strong feelings for her. Earlier on, when we were just getting to know her, and I wasn't so into her, I had a take-it-as-it-comes sort of attitude. But now its like I idolize her, and worry that the real me is not good enough for i guess in general I have pretty low self-esteem, and i have trouble focusing on the positives rather than the negatives.

Even though she tells and shows me that she loves me just as much in return, I still can't help but tell myself that it's only a matter of time that she realizes that she fell in love with me under false pretenses, and I would just be so hurt if that happened.

i guess in general I have pretty low self-esteem, and i have trouble focusing on the positives rather than the negatives.

Can anyone relate to this?
    Last edited by livingthedream; 01-10-12 at 10:31 AM.

If she's truly fell in love with you under false pretenses, there is nothing you can do. Just be yourself and let her know you.

She loves you and is with you because she wants to. Sure the relationship might not last a lifetime, but not all do. It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.

Love shouldn't be hard, exhausting or make you nervous, it is the easiest thing we can do as human beings, so enjoy it
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..