+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still being friends

Still being friends

Hi I know this is not really to do with being dumped as such but it seemed like the best place to post...

I was seeing this girl from college for a few months - I didnt really make my feelings known and was always cancelling meeting up because I didn't want to get too envolved after I was dumped and suffered a heartbreak in the past...

A few months later things just faded away and we didn't speak as much, I now feel she is the one I want to date and have been working on it for ages, she has just dropped a bomb shell on me that she likes someone else from college she met. Things don't make any sence though, the person she likes uses people, is racist, nasty towards others - not a nice guy, but she says that he is 'just' someone she likes having said that they have kissed. She sort of realises I still like her and in a drunken mess she sent me an email saying how she was getting physical with this guy and was so happy.

The next day she suddenly realises how bad that was sending it to my and tries to apologies, Im gutted and shes embarassed (so much show she doenst want to speak for a while) and feels bad After much talking about it all she decides that maybe we shouldn't talk for a while so I can try and 'get over' her and because she has exams and wants space. SHe has helped me over come personal problems recently and I don't know how I'll cope without her even as a friend.

In a spontanious flurry of key strokes I agreed that we shouldnt talk when really I don't feel that at all - and think it would just make things even worse

I wondered how I should approx her to try and rebuild things as far as a friendship. She will think I am silly for getting back in touch - however she is not the sort of person to say screw you I dont want to speak im with him etc.... I just want some advice as to how I can approx her without her thinking that I am a total obsessive freak which I'm not.

I am worried incase she thinks im just after her when really i sort of understand she is currently after someone else.

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

man. i think if you really want to be friends then do it. if she thinks you like her and need to stop all contact to get over her and you dont feel that way then tell her that. you've accepted the fact she likes somone else. no reason to lose a friendship either. tell her its the friendship that matters to you and not dating her that is important right now.