+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend has finished and I'm confused and broken

Girlfriend has finished and I'm confused and broken

I'm 28 and my girlfriend is 18, we have been together for 4 months and things were going great, last week she was talking about going on holiday with me, what she was getting me for Christmas etc and then says her head is messed up, she has been having thoughts about her ex and its not fair on me! Says she adores me and was really happy but I'm just finding it really hard to take. She said she needs to clear her head and there can't be an us. Feel dreadful, don't no which way to turn

yesterday before finishing she was still texting me good night, and quizzing me about another girl on the sat night, which never happened and she was fine in the end, then said she has to be on her own

Please help

I wouldn't expect an 18 year old girl to be very stable. She is still learning about her values in life. Something she saw on TV or something one of her girlfriends said could have easily changed her mind. Do as she says and leave her alone, or she will keep pushing you away. You are competing with alot of other things in her life, and something or someone has taken your place. She may decide to come back, or not. But if you are seeking stability in a relationship you should look for somebody older. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply

It's just so hard as things were soo good, and she even said I made her really happy and she adores me but needs to sort her head out! I'm not texting her, just leaving it and hoping she will miss me and get in contact.
    It's just getting it out my head ��

Give her time, 18 is a difficult age. I know that I didn't know exactly what I wanted when I was 18. My head was "messed up" too. She could be feeling trapped by the situation or other people could be trying to put her off because of the age difference. The key thing is to give her the space she needs to figure out what she wants.

She is texting me giving me so many mixed signals I can't cope! I told her yesterday I loved her, she said that's all I ever wanted to hear! Then said I'm sorry but I just don't no and if it will work! Then was saying she missed me the last few days but doesn't think it will work! It makes no sense! She then text this morning and had a small chat, said text me during the day if you want I would like it and she said not sure it's a good idea! Why text me in the morning! I have asked to meet her she says no, doesn't want to give me false hope or see me upset! Then said il think about it... I just don't no what to do... Help

I need to make sure I got this right..you're 28, and heartbroken over an 18 year old that you've been dating for 4 months? This is just pathetic. Tell her to come over to your house. **** the shit out of her. Repeat. If she refuses tell her you never want to see her again.

This relationship was going nowhere from the start.

Haha cheers, but I would rather have a wank now