+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I rekindle a long distance relationship?

How can I rekindle a long distance relationship?

My girlfriend broke up we me a few months ago because things had got a bit stale, we went a while without contact but I emailed her a couple of weeks ago not expecting a reply if I'm honest, but we have been emailing fairly regularly ever since. I've not told her I want her back and the conversations have never gone anywhere near it and I've heard through the grapevine that's she's in a new long distance relationship, I don't think it can be considered a rebound because it's someone she was very close to anyway.

I have no idea if she would actually ever want to get back together with me, there may be no chance at all. But what can I do to give me the best chance? How can I warm things up and get her to remember the good times without scaring her off.

You'll need to address why things went 'stale' in the first place. But seriously why bother. Why not find yourself a nice shiny new girlfriend that you can actually get to see instead of all this long distance bullshit.

It went stale because there was a lot of pressure to make things work, and we just stopped having fun, if there was a chance of us getting back together I would move closer. I'm bothering because I'm still in love with her, if there is a chance of us getting back together I'm going to take it.

You want to rekindle a long distance relationship? Get rid of the long distance. Until you can do that, it probably won't work.

I don't want to move closer until I know she wants to give the relationship another go, like I said, there has been no indication that she would ever want to get back with me, just wondering what I can do to move things in that direction without scaring her away

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You want to rekindle a long distance relationship? Get rid of the long distance. Until you can do that, it probably won't work.
    Yeah but the poor sap is in lurve and believes that 'love will conquer all'. Probably been watching too many romantic movies.

Ask her if she'd consider giving things another go if you moved to be with her.

I'm not being naive, I'm perfectly aware that there is a good chance we'll never get back together, it's not enough that I'm in love with her, and it may not even be enough if she is still in love with me, but I know that she makes me happy, so if there is a chance of getting that back, why not go for it?

I feel like bringing up something that big, when we're only emailing about random crap at the moment might freak her out, and might seem a bit out of the blue

What exactly is the distance?

200 miles, about a 4 hour train journey