+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i wonder if things will get better

i wonder if things will get better

I broke up with my ex-girlfriend about 5 weeks ago. I found her to be absolutely amazing; great personality, beautiful and a good head on her shoulders. We were very compatible. However, we have been dating for almost 6 years and I guess I felt pressured to be settling down, but I loved the thought that I will be settling down with this amazing person and that we will have a bright future. I am 25, she is 24. She showed me how to love and what love really is. Since she is my first in everything, even my first true love, I always wondered if I was missing out in anything by being independent at my age. Well she had plenty of bfs before and know how hard it's like finding something what we have. As for me, I had no clue so I took her for granted; I wasn't as romantic and sweet as I wanted to be and I felt broken from when she broke up with me once and left me for another because I was being an immature jealous idiot that lack communication skills. I've tried to be a great guy for her and loved her so much, and she is a very caring individual and she guided me through a great path in my career. She has really changed me; made me mature and open and a great person in my opinion.

As of now, it is very hard to move on. I find myself thinking about her constantly and missing my life with her. I recently finally moved out of the house and started my first job in the city, but it feels like nothing without her, I don't even get excited. I really want her back in my life and I find myself regretting what i have done because of that thought of independence. I feel that the break up is a good thing for me to happen even though i regret it due to the fact that I learned a lesson through my mistakes; to never let go and keep fighting for the one you love. The reason which really convinced me to leave and not work through our difficulties in the end is that I always find myself thinking..."what if?". Is this really it? Can I find someone better? What is it like to date other girls? I broke up with her because I found it cruel to string her along while I ponder about this. I also thought the timing was wrong. But from the bottom of my heart, I love this girl. I really do, but these thoughts overwhelm me all the time near the end of our relationship and I didn't want it around if we were to marry. I really wished for myself that I didn't have it lingering in my head so I didn't have to do what I did. I'm just so confused... Was my decision correct? I truly want to her to be happy so I let her go, let her move on from me and find someone else. But the thought of it kills me everyday... I know she is hurting and it's tearing me apart. And because of what I did, she probably doesn't want to try anymore. I never broken a girl's heart before and I never want to do it again, especially to the one I love

I think I already know my answer, but I just want to hear from someone else
    Last edited by crispyysoup; 09-10-12 at 02:52 AM.

Hi,

I broke up with my first girlfriend when I was your age. The reasons to break up with her were different to your reasons, since I left her because she was very bad-tempered and she use to talk to me with angry and bad words, and it hurt me so much, so I decided left her despite I loved her.

Now, three years later, I've realized I made the right decition, but it was very hard to me. I missed her so much, and I used to ask myself if I had decided the best. I was insecure in that situation, and very afraid of the changes in my life. But after that new girls came to my life, I met people, I made friends, I discovered very things of myself and I explored new paths. The loneliness went away, and I started to feel confortable with myself.

Telling my story I want you to realize that time heals a broken heart. Time is the key. You musn't worry about that. I'm sure you will be better in a few months. Trust me.

But, if you are sure that you want to be with your ex girlfriend, I recommend you to go for her. It has been only five weeks. She could be angry and hurt with you because you left her, and maybe she's meeting a new guy, but men, you have been his boyfriend for six years. I think you have to ask her for an opportunity.

If you regret breaking up with her, tell her you're regreted. Otherwise, she never will know.

I hope you feel fine soon!
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

If she was truly the one you wouldn't have any doubts or what ifs and you would be married by now. You are experiencing separation anxiety, that is all. It takes time to adjust not having them a part of your life. You have to spend time filling that space with new interests, and experiences. People leave relationships everyday, it's doable, and I feel you need to give it more time. I don't think it's fair to pull her back in again when you are still have those feelings of doubt.

Was unfaithful to you stick with it forever you will not find a replacement for him whatever searched for other

thank you everyone for the response. I do really regret not trying and breaking up because of these thoughts. But, I don't want to risk hurting her again if I have these mixed feelings, even if I do still want to be with her. I'm going to give it a lot more time and if I still feel the same and she still wants to be with me, then I will try. If not, then it will be a lesson learned from my mistakes in letting go a great girl. thanks again!

her birthday is coming up soon and I really want to greet her since I still love the girl. It's probably not a good idea is it?

Quote Originally Posted by crispyysoup View Post
    her birthday is coming up soon and I really want to greet her since I still love the girl. It's probably not a good idea is it?
    It is a reallys stupid idea. Your relationship with her is over. So be a big boy and accept the fact and move on.