+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals?

Mixed signals?

Let's say a guy and girl are fantastic friends... And people often mistake them for being a couple, as they spend their time almost exclusively with each other, and are both physically flirty. The girl has admitted to the guy she has trust issues, and doesn't like men in general, except for the special guy in question. This girl doesn't flirt with anyone else the way she does with the one guy. This girl also interrogates the guy when she believes he may have been out with other girls. She claims she's just interested, but is very persistant. Here's the twist. The guy told the girl a few months back he liked her more than friends. She said she'd be too self-concious with the guy because she feels he's too attractive for her, and doesn't want to risk ruining the friendship. She started hanging out with him much more and in more personal ways after he told her she was interested. My question is this. Does it sound like she's unsure of what she wants? Or does it just sound like she made a good friend? What should this guy do? Carry on like usual... Or should he back off and see what happens? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is this guy you?? if it is... they don't hide it secondly i believe that this girl is interested in whomever this person is. i think she feels as though she has found someone whose so wonderful that she doesn't want to jeopardize anything that might lead to a heartache. i would tell this person to persue his interest because nothing will happen by just wondering about a relationship. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah it's me. I totally adore this girl... And I could see myself eventually falling for her if she gave me the time. I'd do anything for her. It's just really tough on me when she says she doesn't want me, but acts in a way that makes me wonder.

"clear the air" of your current feelings, be open and honest. it sounds like she likes you too. and if not....then you can work through the "issue", when confessed, crush's are only the end of the relationship if you let them be. go for it. maybe you told her once, but you need to talk again.
    Last edited by leight69; 30-07-03 at 08:15 PM.

Things are still as confusing as ever. She calls me past midnight for 2 or 3 hours sometimes. Tells me lots of personal stuff. Yet we're just friends. Just friends sucks hehe.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you're looking for something more than just friendship you have to express it and push harder for something that you desire. don't be afraid of getting hurt because it's all about taking chances. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Just a little update. This past weekend she called me past midnight for 2 hours, then twice more two other days for at least an hour and a half the minute she got up. I have lots of girl "friends" and we don't talk that long at those times. Oh well. We went out two nights together with mutual friends, and the most recent night some guy was trying really hard to pick her up. It was driving me nuts. He finally invited her to his hotel room, she shut him down, came over to me, told me everything and bought me a beer. We stayed out till 3 in the morning talking in her car and lots of smiles were involved! I also saw her on Sunday for several hours. So confusing... But so nice to be around her. Love sucks! Hehehe...

Start really making it clear what you want. Don't be passive about this because I think that what she's been through will prevent her from taking it any further. It will be up to you.