+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my husband starting to resent me for my friendship with my bff?

Is my husband starting to resent me for my friendship with my bff?

My husband and i are a year married and our relationship started very quickly as we began dating late Nov 09 and i gave birth to our first child on Oct 31st 2010. I completely messed up on my BC and he hates wearing condoms. I am 26 and my husband is 33 and is a touring musician and our son & I go with him as much as we can, I tend not to go much when he is in Europe as i don't think its fair on my son. My best friend and i have known each other since we were 9yo and she is like a sister to me, We were both known for our wild ways back then and she is pretty much still the same. The first time she & my husband met they could not see eye to eye on anything, She kept 'joking' that i could have done much better than him and that he purposely got me pregnant just to keep me. She told me that she doesn't like him and that he is nothing i'd normally be attracted to, I do agree that he and i are complete opposites but i love him so much. My husband can come across as being standoffish but once you know him hes amazing.

He constantly tells me how much he can't stand her, how loud she is and he even put up a fight with me on having her as our sons godmother. Her and i hang out alot as im mostly gone with him for weeks on end so i don't see her much, when she comes by he gives me a p*ssedoff look. My husband is on the road alot and when he is home he likes to spend as much time as he can with my son & i alone, I have said this to her numerous times and she still invites herself over, When he asks me to 'get rid of her' i never feel like i can insult her, My husband says im a doormat for her. The other day when she was over so was my MIL and my hubby was with our son and my bff started to point out all the things he was 'doing wrong' with him and everything came to a head and she & my husband started shouting at each other, my MIL took our son, She started saying that he basically stole my youth, He told her to get the f*ck out and when i asked him to stop he just looked at me and walked out & said "f*ck both of you". That night we both apologized and he told me again that he cant bare the sight of her, That he doesn't want her in the house when he is there or have her anywhere near him or our son. I feel like im caught in the middle, What do i do?

I'm on your husband's side. I agree you are a doormat. I would never tolerate my friend saying such insults about my relationship or about my husband. She is out of line. No friendship is worth losing your marriage over. You better get off you ass and have a very frank conversation with her. Tell her tho you have been friends for many years, life has changed, you have grown up and are living a married life with a man you love very much. If she wishes to remain friends with you, there are going to have to be boundaries set. No more coming over unannounced, but must be invited. She must respect your husband, and to keep her rude opinions and comments to herself. If she doesn't like the new rules show her the door.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your friend is entitled to her opinions about your husband as long as she keeps them to herself <-- That being the key. She shouldn't be saying anything to you or to him. The only time she should EVER say anything negative about him to you is if he is abusing you in some way, emotionally or physically, which it doesn't appear that he is.

Sounds to me she's just upset that someone else came into your life that is stealing the attention away from her and taking away from your time together. You know, jealous. Tell her if she values your friendship she needs to keep a lid on it and treat your husband with some civility.

As for your husband, he doesn't get to dictate who your friends are because he doesn't like them. Yes, if she wants to be in your home she should respect him, and if she can do that then he needs to relax.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

we already answered yoou on this topic. why open it again? are you retarded?