+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl not writing back to me for no apparent reason.....?

Girl not writing back to me for no apparent reason.....?

About 6 weeks ago when on holidays abroad i met a beautiful girl whom i got on very well with although nothing happened between us(i only met her on the last couple of days of my trip for anything to develop). Anyway we really hit it off to the point where i agreed to meet her in poland(im from ireland) for a holiday and even discussed the possibility of travelling to south america at a later stage as its her long held ambition to do so. So all in all there was a good chemistry there between us. We exchanged emails and sure enough she is on facebook like myself and shortly after arriving home we exchanged a few messages and everything was going well. I was getting a good vibe off of her and this further instilled my belief that she was special maybe even "the one". Anyway there was a natural lull in the messaging both of us work long hours; no big deal. (Also i must mention that to my knowledge she has no boyfriend her facebook status says so, there is no photos of her with any guy and a post yesterday she had was looking for someone to go travelling with her to south america . If she had a boyfriend this wouldnt be an issue.) Anyway....So after maybe a fortnight of inactivity i sent her an innocent message asking her how were things etc. to which i received no reply. This hurt me but in my mind i gave her some kind of benefit of doubt like u know people forget or mean to write back but get distracted etc etc. Only, yesterday she posted a picture on facebook to which i passed a comment on and gave a like. There were 14 comments in all. 13 out of the 14 were acknowleged with a response or a like from her. Except mine.... Nothing. So now basically im just completely at a loss as to know why. Obviously she has no interest in me anymore and probably sees me as nothing more than a footnote from a holiday. But even still the dramatic change in a cold direction.... i just dont get it. I know women are complicated creatures but this takes the biscuit. It might not sound like a big deal but for me it is. It does hurt but what bothers me more is the lack of contact. I mean if she just deleted me as a friend or told me to **** off or whatever i wouldnt feel as bad. But as i said obviously she is deliberately ignoring me for some reason. Sorry i know this is a long post and i appreciate the time its taken for u to read it but i would greatly appreciate any feedback at all... thanks.

Perhaps she just realised that staying in contact would have served no purpose given that you're in Ireland and she's in Poland. Sometimes no communication is a way of trying to drop a big hint without actually saying 'thanks but no thanks'

Whims

People just lose interest, the initial attraction somehow dwindles. Eventually, you'll react likewise to somebody else and then you'll understand.

She is sending you a clear signal that she is not interested. Don't take it so personally, stop messaging her, and move on. Distance is a killer, especially when you barely know someone.