+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a 'break point' for something... Help?

Need a 'break point' for something... Help?

Greetings everyone, I'm new to the forums, first I'd like to say me and my girl friend are trying to figure out if it's worth it for her to come over here earlier then we have planned... Let me fill everyone in...

Two years and about nine months ago, I met this wonderful girl... It was a online relationship, I had met her over World of Warcraft, she was a Healing Druid, I was a Warrior Tank... Yes, I met her on World of Warcraft... Through a while of talking, we decided to start dating, so... While dating I later found out she lived in Doha, (Middle east), and I live in Washington... So, we're 9,242 miles away from one another, we talked every day, every night, and had a ton of fun together. It was perhaps some of the funnest time of my life with her, now I've had online relationships before, none that felt like this... After a year and a half, some issues happened and we broke up, it was heart wrenching, within a couple of weeks, we had made it back together again, after we did, I found out later that she was so called 'cheating' on me while we were together, (She had other boys on the side), I was mad, but she came clean about it and it didn't happen again. I had to go on a business trip and we split ways again, this time by a vindictive little twit who told my girlfriend that me and that girl was going out, so we broke up, again... A month later when I came back from my trip we got back together... Been together since March or so of this year... Then we got back together in June... Now, during that time in June we met up in person, and guys, I will tell you this, sparks flew, my heart stopped beating, I cried, I broke down, and broke everything down for this girl, she has made my life so much better, she saved me from a ton of issues, she has been the best girl friend a guy could EVER ask for... Now... Knowing all of this, we are still talking and she is back in Doha...

We've been talking about it for some time, and her Dad is pretty well off over there, (Billionaire over there is a oil engineer type person, not sure what they call them), so he said that he'll pay her way through college... Which is what she wants to do, she wants to do college, really bad. I told her she could do it the American way and get Student Loans, Grants, and what not, she said she doesn't know what she wants to do... After talking out, even more... She told me to come pick her up from Doha and fly her to Washington... So, I made a list of things that would be good and things that wouldn't be good if I did this... I won't link them here, to long to input them, but if I left it up to feelings, she said (Quoted) 'My heart says to go with you, but my head says stay here... I know God will support us in any choice we make...', and with me it's the same way... My heart says to go get her, but my head says to let her stay till she's here in Julyish.....

So the big question is... Should I go pick her up now and bring her here with me to live forever, or should I wait till July and move to a place where I know absolutely NO ONE and could possible get screwed over because of this crappy economy... ANY Advice/information would be GREAT... We're trying to find a ground breaker on 'should we' or 'shouldn't we'... And honestly, we haven't found one... So, I'm turning my focus to the wonderful community of forum posting... Let me know what you guys think please... Maybe you could solve this for us... Thank you...

~Tyrial.

Up up, anything or anyone can comment on this... Need some insight...

llolzzz.. Okay, I'll bite.

Why don't you go there and live with her and her billionare father? Why take her away from all that money, her family and her homeland to come to you who has ziltch except for an Xbox and a fear of meeting women close enough to have an actual relationship with them?

Because she doesn't want to live under her fathers roof, I'm not bad off, but I'm no billionaire....

I however feel you are trolling me, or trying to troll me...

It's not trolling. She's trying to give a serious answer to an otherwise, comical and ludicrous situation. ****ing WoW. I swear, the end is near for humankind, and we deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Tyrial View Post
    I however feel you are trolling me, or trying to troll me...
    This whole thread is fishy. How old are you both and what would your plan be after you got her here?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

What are your plans if she comes here? What I understand if that her dad will pay for her college only if she studies there in Doha? If that's it, well, I say it would be better that she stays there for the time that she finishes college; education is the best and most important investment one can make. And it wouldn't be fair to have her come here to struggle and indebt herself with student loans and all that, since she is being taken care of by her father over there. Culture clash might also be an issue; how will she deal with moving to study in a totally different continent, different society, with different people? This is also an important aspect to consider. Will this environement allow her to do as well as if she were at home?

I know that when we are yound and in love and want to be together, many many obstacles can be overcome if two people truly care for each other. I've seen couples do amazing things and make amazing sacrifices for each other in order to just be together. It is really up to them... Are you both up for the challenge? It's good that you guys are discussing it and taking the time to make this decision. Having her come here to America has its risks (as mentioned above). Are those risks worth it, if it just means that you two can be together earlier?

This being said... I think the reason no one can give you any concrete advice is that this is an extremely big decision that will affect one girl's life in an irreversible way.

And, seriously, you cannot expect no one to troll you with the opening line "It was a online relationship, I had met her over World of Warcraft, she was a Healing Druid, I was a Warrior Tank..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    This whole thread is fishy. How old are you both and what would your plan be after you got her here?
    I see where you are talking about, in our 20's, and plans would consist of her going to school anyway, just not for... 'free' so to speak. She is going to get her education irregardless of where she is, the only difference is, she'll be here sooner then July (or June?) and be with me, VS be here in July or June and by herself... The ONLY difference about her situation is that she is either going to get school for free, or schools with loans... Not a ton different...

I'm so much enjoying this thread.

If her father is going to pay for her education only if she stays in Doha, then she should stay in Doha. Unless she wants to study in the US for reasons other than your "relationship".

Quote Originally Posted by celestina View Post
    What are your plans if she comes here? What I understand if that her dad will pay for her college only if she studies there in Doha? If that's it, well, I say it would be better that she stays there for the time that she finishes college; education is the best and most important investment one can make. And it wouldn't be fair to have her come here to struggle and indebt herself with student loans and all that, since she is being taken care of by her father over there. Culture clash might also be an issue; how will she deal with moving to study in a totally different continent, different society, with different people? This is also an important aspect to consider. Will this environement allow her to do as well as if she were at home?

I know that when we are yound and in love and want to be together, many many obstacles can be overcome if two people truly care for each other. I've seen couples do amazing things and make amazing sacrifices for each other in order to just be together. It is really up to them... Are you both up for the challenge? It's good that you guys are discussing it and taking the time to make this decision. Having her come here to America has its risks (as mentioned above). Are those risks worth it, if it just means that you two can be together earlier?

This being said... I think the reason no one can give you any concrete advice is that this is an extremely big decision that will affect one girl's life in an irreversible way.

And, seriously, you cannot expect no one to troll you with the opening line "It was a online relationship, I had met her over World of Warcraft, she was a Healing Druid, I was a Warrior Tank..."
    She will be be studying here in the states, probably Penn State, or... somewhere in Ohio? I don't exactly remember where she said... Education is the best and most important, I do agree, and I agree it's not fair for her to come here and struggle, I got a good paying job, the only difference once again is that she'll have to get a loan or two, everything else is... not different...

I understand, that's why I said the Heart says yes, but the head says no... It's quite confusing...

I guess I agree, Cel... Thank you..

Lol, I figured people would want the back story... and that's the back story... We did truly meet on World of Warcraft... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    If her father is going to pay for her education only if she stays in Doha, then she should stay in Doha. Unless she wants to study in the US for reasons other than your "relationship".
    As stated in another post, she's moving here to do school, anyway.

Turn off your computer once in a while, and try dating locally.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

But she is moving to Penn or Ohio, you live in WA, so you're still going to be hours (by flight) apart. You're still not going to be together unless you uproot and move, or have her attend UW.

If you only have to wait until next year for her father to pay for the education, then wait. It would be highly selfish to have her take out thousands in loans just so you can see her once in a while a few months earlier.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    It would be highly selfish to have her take out thousands in loans just so you can see her once in a while a few months earlier.
    Cerby, you just don't understand. It's lurve, the real deal, they have a connection, she is (drumroll please) THE ONE, like in The Matrix. And if they start to annoy the **** out of each other then they can always virtually kill each other in some stupid game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast