+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Very Dirty Word...

A Very Dirty Word...

..."Prom."

Yes, it's this late in the year and, no, I haven't asked anyone to go with me. There are many reasons for this.

1. I'm totally averse to anything that might imply a relationship right now.
    2. There's no one I really want to ask.
    3. It seems so socially forced. I kind of want to not go out of spite.

But then, I feel like I might regret not going to such an "important" (notice the quotes) event.

Is it too late to ask someone? Should I? Arrgh, it's such a hassle. Help please.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    WAIT.

You're in high school?!

Since when?!

EDIT:

By the way just go for the hell of it, and start a skank pit dedicated to me.

4 years apparently!

you don't have to go. i went to homecoming once in high school and i hated it. my friend and i moshed to nirvana while our boyfriends sat around completely bored. it was quite unsatisfying.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah dude I didn't even spend prom with my date, heh, she wanted to be with somebody else anyway though she'll deny it just to be nice.

I spent most of it hanging out with my friends and doin' crazy dances that made me look anything but talented.

I went with a few friends. Not many ppl I knew actually went with a date. I had a great time though

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    prom is a night where you get to dress up for around 100 bucks. after you have paid for your bids which usually runs about 75 dollars, you get to take pictures that run also for around 75 dollars. now being that you wish to party after, you're gonna need a place to party and usually hotel rooms run for roughly 200 or so. liquor can cost 50-100 depending on the variety that you want to have. if you wish to have other enjoyment and refreshments that can cost you another 1-200 depending on the type of intoxication you want to supply. wow how much was that already?? that's about a week's work for me. damn. all gone in one night.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Donut----Hehh...you know you want to go. No need us to convince you of that. Must you have a date? Just go and MAKE SURE you have a good time. It's a rite of passage. Only comes around once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Donut----Hehh...you know you want to go. No need us to convince you of that. Must you have a date? Just go and MAKE SURE you have a good time. It's a rite of passage. Only comes around once.
    I think this is probably good advice. Like Illusional pointed out, going with a date will cost me more than all the money I've spent on weed this year... and that's A LOT of money!

And like Frasbee said, just asking some stupid girl and going with her doesn't mean we'll have a good time together.

So here's the plan: Buy a single ticket, borrow parents' station wagon (f*ck limos), drink up, crash the b*tch.

Hooray! (I can't wait to graduate.)

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well donut... prom is a memorable event... as long as you don't do it too often. i think that when it comes to proms, most couples don't stay together past there years so take a friend. you can always look back and remember that you had fun with a friend rather than being broken hearted over a lost memory. make fun memories because those are the ones that last longer.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I didn't go to a single school dance throughout Junior High or High School. In retrospect I wish I'd gone to a few...make myself more "social". I was too much of a nerd, I guess, thus unapproachable. If I could go back I'd tell myself to go out and parttake in these social events..even if you don't see the immediate "benefits"...

"Damn, I wish I could go back to 1982...I'd take STATE!"

that's what you get for being a chess club nerd nomas.

i'm just kidding i'da gone with you.

Yeah I remember prom... all those years ago it was hella fun... :: Sighs :: If only I could go back and do it all over again...
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Prom---> what a way to make people feel like life is shit alone.

I went with two others girls and we still had fun with just girls.

(Umm, no, no thtat kind of fun)
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    that's what you get for being a chess club nerd nomas.

i'm just kidding i'da gone with you.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by going back in time.. I'd take the State Chess Competitions, easy!..ha ha..

Sadly, I was in the chess club..with my best friend Serg. We were one and two (he was 1, I was 2)..in our graduating class...we delivered a kickass humorous dialogue as our speech.

So, yeah, in retrospect I was (still am, I guess) a nerd.

So if I could go back I'd go to prom and take misombra since she's already agreed...except it'd be difficult to convince her that ten years later is when she said she'd go with me...

Here's a shout out to all the people who were or are in chess clubs in high school!!!

Cheer, cheer!
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast