+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I messed up and now my girlfriend says she wants a break.

I messed up and now my girlfriend says she wants a break.

Basically I'm in college and my girlfriend is in high school. We've talked for about 7 months, we only made our relationship official after I left for college. She is the prettiest girl I have seen in real life, and has guys all over, it's funny how many enemies I have made since talking to her. I have been good and understand that many guys are going to talk to her and haven't gotten too jealous. She made me fall in love with her.

Fast forward to recent times. I recently went back home, and things were all good, until she tried to hide her texts. Long story short she deleted her texts, yet got mad at the texts I had on my phone. I know she isn't cheating on me, it takes a long time for her to hookup with someone, unless she wants to piss you off, she admitted to flirting with someone in the texts though... I ended up breaking up with her, but she got really upset and said she was done texting other guys, and I told her I would stay with her if she changed. She agreed and said she would change. The next day I left to go back to college. After the long drive back to UMass I moved all of my luggage in and parked my car. When I got out of the car I had a text that said, "How do you expect me to not text other guys if you don't text me?" This got me extremely angry because I had been driving and had no chance to text her. Long story short I broke up with her before she could apologize and explain her feelings. This absolutely killed her, she was crying for a long time, and she blew up her twitter talking about how upset she was. I had broken up with her two days in a row, and she was pissed. I told her I wouldn't break up with her again if it wasn't for real. Fast forward a week and she became acting weird, I could tell something was wrong, I should have just ignored her and she would have missed me and everything would have been fine. Instead I called her and she said she needed time to think, she said she still liked me, just some people had been saying "Why are you with him? He's at UMass partying and you're home having to deal with it." (I only want her, yes I'm in college I'm going to party, but I would never cheat on her.) So basically I got angry and said "If you need time to think maybe we should just break up" She was quick to tell me how she was never gonna break up with me and only needed to feel that she missed me. And now she was pissed, I had lied because I told her I was never going to break up with her again, I went back on my word... She was very upset and needed time to think. We've talked a little, and she has told me she loves me. I called her last night and told her I'm not going to talk to her til she has had enough time to think.

Today I got a text that said this "So I thought about it and I need a break like I'm confused. I still wanna talk to you all the time though. Its just idk." then I said "You should have called me when you got out of school." She said "Do u not wanna do that? Like.. Do u not wanna take a break do u wanna just like break up?" "Like I need to know" Then she called me. I have ignored these last few attempts at contacting me... How do I get her back? I know it's not too late. She always ends up missing me... But I'm not going through a break... She has also been saying that she thinks I have wanted to break up for a while. And let me repeat she is literally the hottest girl I have ever seen, I'm worried

Dude, drop this stupid bitch. She is playing games. Don't text her, and ignore her texts for a few days, and watch her go ballistic. Tell her that you think it's a good idea to break up and watch her beg. Use this dumb bitch as a **** toy when you go home, but start seeing other girls while you're at school. This relationship is over, and in the unlikely event she hasn't cheated on you yet, she will.

You did not mess up. She is a manipulative bitch, trying to guilt you. Don't fall for it. This type of girl doesn't appreciate someone who genuinely cares for her. Use her, treat her like shit, make her think you don't care about the relationship at all, and she won't be able to let you go.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 18-10-12 at 01:54 AM.

You sound exactly like my friends. I'm blind

You're not blind, you're just stupid. Well, actually, maybe blind too.

Anyway, stop giving a shit about her, and watch what happens. Just give it a try. Guarantee it won't take more than a couple days before she starts sending you all kinds of crazy text messages. Then it's up to you how to handle it, but truthfully the only value this girl has is her vagina. Use her for that, and that alone, while you find another girl worth your time. Then just ignore this girl cold once you do find another that you like.

She's pretty, so there are going to be a lot of guys interested in her all the time. Whenever you guys have a fight, there are plenty of guys who are going to be happy to comfort her. She's probably asking for a break because one of these guys got through to her after your recent fight, and she wants to try dating him for a while. "Confused" and wanting to take a break means that she is having trouble deciding between you and some other guy.

Your relationship is unlikely to work out. You two are at different points in your respective lives, with different priorities and limited contact. And you will both be going through a lot of changes in the next several years. You would both probably be better off breaking up instead of working so hard to hold such an unstable situation together. And in the long run, hot is less important than compatible.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I don't often like/take sides with BackupOrGetStung, but he's right on this one.

She's playing you. Don't believe she wasn't cheating on you either.

I ended up breaking up with her.. She didn't take it well at all. She said she felt like the worst girlfriend ever when I called her out for absolutely everything
    that has happened in the 7 months being together. And no she definitely isn't cheating on me. But she may have some other guy talking to her...

Just be with her entirely, or not at all. If you want to be with her AND be happy with her and make her happy (yes, this is what a relationship is about), be ready to commit to the following: text her often, let her know your whereabouts, don't be afraid to tell her you miss her.

Without all this, she will be insecure and she will be texting other guys for the reassurance she's not getting from you.

But as I see it, this relationship is not serious. You are not ready to be serious and neither is she.

She is the prettiest girl I have seen in real life, and has guys all over, it's funny how many enemies I have made since talking to her.
    This girl doesn't make you happy; you only want to be with her because she is "a prize" and it makes other guys envious of you. If her looks are what's keeping you in this relationship, then all I can say is: keep being with the hot girl til either:

1- you get tired of her infidelity and her being over-demanding;
    2- she gets tired of being neglected and goes off with some random douche;
    3- you realize she has a lot more to offer and you love her and you want something serious with her.

Hand't noticed your last message (I tend not to read what other people say before writing my own answers as to not be biased and alter my original reasonings). But you can dismiss my post now.