+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dang I'm bored!

Dang I'm bored!

Say you had to leave a time capsule for people in the future because of a near comming nuclear war which you knew was going to completly wipe out all of man kind apart from an tiny island located in the pacific somewhere

:: Shrugs ::

What would you put in the time capsule that you think would reflect todays society? Also give reasons why would you put that certain item in there. You can state more than 1 item if you want but remember to give a reason why.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how big is this time capsule?? hopefully it's about the size of a small room.. i would place myself in there with this japanese race queen. together we will rebuild the japanese race. hahaha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Kiechi----Copies of major newspapers USA TODAY, International Herald Tribune, The Economist etc, all dated on the last day before we all die. Just so that the future people/aliens will know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    how big is this time capsule?? hopefully it's about the size of a small room.. i would place myself in there with this japanese race queen. together we will rebuild the japanese race. hahaha

raverboy
    The offspring would be 25% Chinese... and for it to rebuild, your children will have to procreate with their siblings to ensure the future of your tainted japanese race. Somehow I don't think it's going to work.

Kiechi----Copies of major newspapers USA TODAY, International Herald Tribune, The Economist etc, all dated on the last day before we all die. Just so that the future people/aliens will know what happened.
    Good point, but I can think of a number of mis-interpretations that could be drawn from the newspapers.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Kiechi----Alright, we'll chuck USA Today out.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [QUOTE=Kiechi]The offspring would be 25% Chinese... and for it to rebuild, your children will have to procreate with their siblings to ensure the future of your tainted japanese race. Somehow I don't think it's going to work.

[QUOTE]

well being that this is a fictional question, of course i will give a fictional answer. besides, i would just be happy having sex with this race queen.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Kiechi----Alright, we'll chuck USA Today out.
    What I meant by mis-interpretations is the reader in the future who happens to come across the time capsule will only be exposed to one sides interpretation of the situation. I highly doubt the reader will have any knowledge on propaganda, censorship or indoctorintation that fully takes place in modern society.

well being that this is a fictional question, of course i will give a fictional answer. besides, i would just be happy having sex with this race queen.
    Fair enough.

Some food for them would be nice, afterall if we're killed in a nuclear war, the food sources are like to go too, so food would definitely be needed for the future race. This would also give them the opportunity to understand what we ate and speculate what our diet was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot
    Some food for them would be nice, afterall if we're killed in a nuclear war, the food sources are like to go too, so food would definitely be needed for the future race. This would also give them the opportunity to understand what we ate and speculate what our diet was like.
    Take into account, a time capsule isn't very big. Let's say you did enclose some food sources, what would it be? and why? If you place an apple for example, wouldn't they draw the mis-interpretation that todays society only ate apples? Tell me what you think.

No because you could include a few variations of food sources. Ofcourse it could be possible that they might not even have simple cooking appliances, so things like Apples, Bananas, and other natural food sources, or even just recipies would be quite sensible.

and then they get it, it's all rotten and old =P

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oh, i just reread your first post kie... if i had an entire island to myself with one beautiful race queen, i'd be in heaven.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    hehe there is that :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Haha very good point!

I'd pack as much info as possible but since I cannot assume this alien race speaks or can decipher our language, I'd make it a graphic. We'd need a small generator/some kind of energy source..rechargeable battery system.. Then when the capsule is opened, this hollogram video would begin to project the history of the world as we know it..kinda like they did on "mission to mars" the movie...unless it was "the red planet"..I forget..but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about...

But if these aliens cannot see in our wavelengths or intepret graphical data..then that would be no good..

So I'd also try to find some other digital alternatives to relay info...