+ Follow This Topic

Thread: LDR break

Please help :(

My current girlfriend and I have been together for three months officially but have known each other and had feelings for each other for over two years.Over the summer we traveled to South America together and basically spent most of the time fooling around and enjoying each others company.By the end of the summer she asked me out.She goes to college eight hours away but we decided were both willing to do long distance.I visited her twice in the last two months and have always been extremely supportive and open with her.She is not very experienced in committed relationships so at times we have found ourselves arguing about the lack of communication on her part.As it turns out..my feelings towards her have grown due to distance and her feelings have not.She is an extremely busy girl..is double majoring and plays a d2 sport at her school, so she has a lot on her plate.The other day we had a falling out when she said she didn't like to be distracted when she was busy doing work and if she were alone she would be less stressed.Naturally,I gave her space and did not contact her for a day.We spoke and she admitted that she is not treating me the way she should.I just got off the phone with her and I suggested we should take a break until she comes home for Thanksgiving break,she agreed.I guess what I'm really concerned with is the fact that I'm falling for her hard and know she is just not there yet.She constantly says she wants to be with me and that there is no other girl out there she would rather be with-which I believe.Is there any way I can take this time to back off emotionally and if so how can I do so?
    I really care about her and she is one of my best friends..but I really don't want to get hurt in the end.What should I do?
    Last edited by meloncollie; 23-10-12 at 03:26 AM.

Daily life is not the same then beiing on vacation. But a good talk should help both of you to understand each other. Make shure to adresse whats important to you and what your true feelings are. I am afraid that you cannot turn the time back.