+ Follow This Topic

Thread: .:*Why cant he let her go?*:.

.:*Why cant he let her go?*:.

garamond
    My boyfriend and i have been together for over 2 years now. Last year he met this new girl who i hated. He had really strong feelings for this girl. More then the feelings he had for me, i think. Well, she left for the summer. i thought everything was alright.
    We used to fight and argue about his feelings for her and vice-versa. She just never admitted to him until this year. This one issue was the cause of all our problems we've been having. Well, once she came back and started school with us all over again, things got worse.
    He dumped me. He said he didnt know what to do about us anymore and that he only needed a break. Well, i knew it was only to get closer to her. They started spending more and more time together that his feelings for her kept growing stronger.
    He claimed he loved me and wanted to be with me more then he ever liked and wanted to be with her. But i didnt believe him. Eventually we got back together after he found out she didnt have feelings like that towards him anymore because of the friendship her and i now have and she didnt want to ruin that after a year of fighting and arguing and just drama period.
    After a while he tells me that he is completely over her and has no feelings for her what so ever. But seeing them together, i cant help but wonder if he still does and if he's been lying to me all this time.
    i love this boy so much and he has hurt me so much over all of this and i dont know what to do anymore. he's told me he would stop talking to her but he still does. (i never asked him to stop mind you) i dont know what im supposed to do.

i think that the pain you are experiencing now and will probably continue to experience will only get worse and you obviously don't trust him that he's not over her and you may not ever. so, i'm going to say that you deserve better than that - a partnership is about equality and honesty and you don't seem to be getting either. have more respect for yourself too and don't let him treat you like that. you dont deserve second best. good luck.

have more respect for yourself too and don't let him treat you like that. you dont deserve second best. good luck.
    heh, i sense that lozzybug could be a feminist!

na but ok. i've realized this scenario happens alot. mate A leaves mate B in hopes of having an encounter with mate C. mate C shows no interest or later leaves mate A. mate A then either realizes they made the biggest mistake of their life or simply doesnt want to be alone. So the quickest way to solve that problem would be to go back to mate B. In desperation mate A will say anything they can think of you to regain their trust and have what you once had.

Now you my darling is mate B. mate B has 2 choices now. Either forgive and gain trust again in mate A. Or simply have no more contact with mate A in the way you guys had before. Do not go into the relationship unless you can completely forgive and have full trust again in mate A. Because if you don't it WILL NOT WORK OUT. You will have a relationship of jealousy, paranoia, etc etc. You will constantly be questioning their motives and reasoning since they have hurt you before.

heh, i hope this isn't too confusing.

Do you really want to be with someone who *tells* you he has feelings for other girls, dumps you for her then comes crawling back when she has no feelings, I'd certainly feel second best.
    aah, bisto