+ Follow This Topic

Thread: someone you can't forget on travel trip

someone you can't forget on travel trip

Anyone have an experiece with meeting someone very special while on a trip, travel away from home? I met someone incredibly compatible and attractive that I can never forget, but it was a brief meeting, and ill-fated romance. And now we are far apart, slowly forgeting our chance meeting, I'm trying to forget...but still think of him at times.

Kim----Distances and time will make you forget. All you'll have is certain memories of that person, memories in that time frame. Do those memories become magnified after awhile? The person, does he/she become larger than life in your imagination? Harbouring hopes of meeting that person again always means that you set greater expectations of that person. If and when you do meet, the person may not turn out as you have imagined him/her to be over the time you were separated.

Just some random thoughts.

Don't they say that " distance makes the heart grow fonder".....and that's all well and good for a real relationship....but chance meetings tend to be just that...chance meetings (at least that's what I've found). But I HAVE had the experience that you're talking about....and it is fun to just have a "fling" of sorts....I just learned not to expect anything from it.