+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stay or Leave?

Stay or Leave?

Hello everyone. Looking for some help.

I have live in my state my whole life. I love it here, I really do. However, I have the STRONGEST desire to move out of the state and get a fresh start. Though I love my state, I'm not very happy at the moment. I do have a sense of excitement when I think about living in a new place.

Here's where the trouble comes in. I've been dating a girl for a little over a year. I love her very much and I care for her deeply. She's really the ONLY thing that's keeping me here. I don't want to lose her, but I'm also not ready to ask her to move with me (considering if she would even want to). I talked to her about it and I told her I will stay here. But I really don't think in sure.... :-/

How should i handle this? Any advice will be much appreciated.

How about trying out some traveling together first for about a year. Maybe you both with find a place that you would love to move to together. If she isn't on board then just end the relationship and chase your dream to be somewhere else.

You should talk to her again, truly. And you must consider your purpose,if your GF don't accept your decide (move your state).
    You ask yourself : why you want to move? You really must go? What do you expect your life in the future ? Will her must stay with you?
    Move to new resident is very important. So I think you should try best to advice your GF !
    Good luck !

Have you considered that maybe you just want some sort of change in your life because of everything that's happened, and that it doesn't have to be as extreme as moving out of state? There have been several times I've considered dropping everything and moving to a different state, a different country. Ultimately, I didn't because it meant leaving behind friends, family, work, and an area that I really liked. Instead, I ended up making smaller, less drastic changes, like cutting my hair (went from having a long ponytail to hair that was so short it couldn't be put in a ponytail) and joining groups of interest to me (meetup.com is a great place for that). This helped me out a lot and gave me peace of mind. Since you say you like your state and you have a girlfriend, maybe it's worth trying some smaller changes first before making a drastic change like moving to a different state. If you make some smaller changes and still feel the need/desire to move, then go for it. I'm merely suggesting you evaluate your reasons for wanting to move in the first place--if it's because you really want to move or because you crave some change in your life. Hope this helps.