+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to choose between two guys???

How to choose between two guys???

My boyfriend and I were together for almost six years. We had a very rocky relationship...he would get angry often and quickly, would not be there for things that were important to me unless it was convenient for him, and lied about some pretty major things. Not to mention he still lived at home (at almost 30), was still in school (after 8 years...and no he wasn't in med school), did not live with me (he wanted to live on his own for awhile before we moved in together, but never made the move to actually get out of his parents' house).

I finally broke it off as I wanted a partner...I wanted to get married, have kids, and be in a relationship that wasn't so dramatic all the time, and I was tired of waiting for him to get his act together.

I've since met someone who HAS his act together, treats me well, and is everything I've wanted in a man. I actually made a list of the qualities I wanted when I knew things were going badly with my ex and my new guy matches that list to a T.

However, my ex is NOW taking it upon himself to move out on his own, see a counsellor about his anger issues, and promising he'll be there for me all the time. He's basically saying everything I've wanted him to say for the past six years!!!

And the truth is, I miss him. Despite all the bad times, we have a lot of great memories together. I laugh with him like no one else (don't get me wrong, my new guy makes me laugh too, but my ex and I were always over-the-top goofy with each other).

I have all these "what if's" going around in my head and I don't know what to do. Take a chance on my ex and hope he's serious about changing, and miss out on the great guy who's right in front of me? Or stay with my new guy and throw away an almost 6 year relationship, never knowing whether it could have been saved or not?

You know what your ex is about. You got tired of the BS and left, and history will repeat itself if you choose him. He is still the same person he was when you left, he is just saying this stuff cause he KNOWS what he needs to change, but has a hard time doing it, following through. I really suggest you drop contact with the ex, before the new guy catches on and decides not to pursue YOU>. Give the new guy a chance, and this goofy laughing you talk about with the ex, you can have that with the new guy when enough time passes by. I suggest you look at your birthdays and zodiac signs, read SEVERAL compatibility love zodiac site and see if you and the ex's relationship sounds like it's right (what the site say), then read for the new guys.

Funny you say that because the new guy and I are supposed to be the most compatible, actually he is the #1 recommended sign for me to date! I don't know how much I believe in that stuff but I am desperate to choose the right answer at this point and I'm just so scared I'll make the wrong decision.

The wrong decision would be to get back with your ex before he has completed all of these improvements he is making. That's the official answer, and the real truth is, you'd be a complete ****ing idiot to ever go back to him. I think you're an idiot for staying for six years, frankly, but kudos for leaving. Tell your ex you're happy with your boyfriend now, and you don't want talk to him anymore. Ignore any further contact.

Go for the guy with the biggest dick.