+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my ex- i want her back

my ex- i want her back

ok so ill give you just the basics of this. we both took a year off after highschool and met in october last year 2011 .we dated until april and it was the best relationship of my life.we had an amazing bond and our relationship wasnt focused around sex. its the first time ive felt that there was something REALLY there. she also felt the same way. so she didnt end up getting into the school of her choice, (which happened to be really close to mine) so long story short we felt it was best to split so no more feelings could develope. Her next two options for school were 4+ hrs away. this was extremely hard for me to let the girl i knew could be the one go free, but she did say we have to make a promise to keep in touch and try this relationship again down the road. but hey if you set somethign free and it comes back to you, its meant to be. so we slowly stopped all connections as she was just being dry so i gave up on the whole lets stay friends thing. the summer went by, she went back to her ex for about a month ( i figured thats a rebound) ive been with two girls i was interested in but they were nothing like her. then about one month into school she messages me telling me i was a great bf/guy and best of luck yadda yadda yadda we tie up some lose ends i have her number , were friedns on facebnook(although weve never texted), next thing i know shes back in my head and shes all i can think about. i wanna let her know im still not over her but im not 100% sure she feels the same way nor am i sure this is even a good idea. but i feel shes the one and i know i dont need want anyone else besides her. if you could give me some input or advice on what to do it would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you know it's probably best to stay broken up. Even if you did get back together, long distance relationships are extremely difficult - especially when you're in college. Understand that though it feels good right now to think about being with her - you're ultimately making things much harder for both of you. Trying to maintain a trusting, healthy relationship over such distance is going to be emotionally taxing and will end up causing more pain than it's probably worth. If you really believe she's the one for you, then focus on your studies and your friends wherever you are and remind yourself (and her) that you'll have a better chance at a solid future together if you don't muck it up now by trying to make it work in a situation that really isn't conductive to creating a lasting bond or a healthy base.