+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is up with this girl? Like please help!!

What is up with this girl? Like please help!!

IDK what forum to put this under, so I put it in this. If you have a problem i'll read yours and give you my advice too. So heres the story.

Ok so I was dumb and stopped talking to her because she was way to clingy, this was like 4 months ago. So last month I decided to text her and I got feelings back for her.Ever since then we've been texting again. She has told me 3 times she was so happy I texted her and I was the guy she texted the most. We talked on the phone for like 3 hours one night. But last week she started getting weird. Stopped texting back right away, wouldn't text me like she used to.

I asked her Wednesday night if she wanted to go back to the way we used to be or just stay friends and to hangout Saturday. She said she was doing bad in school, and if she doesn't pass her tests on Thursday, she was going to get grounded and wouldn't have her phone for two months (her punishment last time). If that would happen she'd hate to get into anything. So I said okay. I texted her Thursday telling her goodluck, and never got a response. Then followed back later that night with a "Or not. Ill just leave you alone text."

We didn't text Friday, and Saturday I asked her if we were doing anything or not, and she said she can't and she didn't know why I seemed mad at her. I told her I wasn't mad and didn't want to bug her that's why I haven't been texting her then she proceeded to tell me how she did on her tests, then just randomly stopped texting me after about an hour.

Whats up with this and what should I do?
    She still retweets me on twitter and favorites my stuff on there too. So she isn't like completely cutting me off from her. I don't plan on text her for a couple weeks if not longer. But I was wondering, in all of your opinions, if like in a couple of days I should tweet, "Miss texting #oomf (one of my followers)" or would that be a turnoff?

(Side note: I'm a senior and shes a junior in highschool. We hung out once four months ago, and since I have started texting her again asked her three different times to hangout and she couldn't. Also, last week we had a 3 hour phone conversation.)

Problem with texting is you don't know what the other person is doing. She could be distracted by anything. She could just be watching tv and decide to ignore her phone or doing homework or a friend called or ...... It's quite common for some people to suddenly stop mid conversation not just in text but online and wander away to do something else. My sister had a boyfriend like that who drove her nuts because he'd just walk off from the computer to do something random while they were talking quickly back and forth. He didn't even realize it.

I would put more emphasis on not wanting to hang out than on random stops in texting. Which could just be that she is busy with not failing school and getting in trouble. You'll have to see if it continues or improves when she's no longer under threat of losing her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kageri View Post
    Problem with texting is you don't know what the other person is doing. She could be distracted by anything. She could just be watching tv and decide to ignore her phone or doing homework or a friend called or ...... It's quite common for some people to suddenly stop mid conversation not just in text but online and wander away to do something else. My sister had a boyfriend like that who drove her nuts because he'd just walk off from the computer to do something random while they were talking quickly back and forth. He didn't even realize it.

I would put more emphasis on not wanting to hang out than on random stops in texting. Which could just be that she is busy with not failing school and getting in trouble. You'll have to see if it continues or improves when she's no longer under threat of losing her phone.
    Okay tahnkyou. Would you advise me not to text her? Giver her more time? Maybe text her in a week? Or tweet on Twitter saying "miss texting #oomf" or not at all?

Texting sucks. In my day you had to actually talk to people to get a read on them. If you called it was on an a god damn rotary phone (google it).

So check it ... ignore her (but don't make it seem on purpose). Plain and simple. If she's intrigued enough to engage then she's worth the effort. If not, you were never gonna get her anyway. Rotary phone, cell phone, at a bar, whatever ... girls respond to indifference. It drives them crazy. Anyone who tells you to be upfront and tell her how you feel is nuts. You start getting emotional to a girl you hung out with once 4 months ago and she's ghost, I promise you.

If you wanna expedite things, hang out with some other chicks she knows and make sure she finds out about it. Then make sure all your text responses are short and spread far apart when she asks (and she will ask if she's even mildly interested). Keep her on the hook though, your entire demeanor should be somewhere between "Whatever" and "I don't give a shit about anything".

Happy hunting.

What still baffles me is why do girls complain about how guys are jerks and treat them badly but only by ignoring them, being aloof and mysterious can we actually attract them?

Don't take advice from a guy who can't fix his own marriage yet passes himself off as some dating & relationship guru, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeGuy View Post
    What still baffles me is why do girls complain about how guys are jerks and treat them badly but only by ignoring them, being aloof and mysterious can we actually attract them?
    One of life's great misteries, homie.

Don't take advice from a guy who can't fix his own marriage yet passes himself off as some dating & relationship guru, LOL.
    Even Bill Gates couldn't fix Vista, you just upgrade to Windows 7 and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Davies View Post

Even Bill Gates couldn't fix Vista, you just upgrade to Windows 7 and move on.
    ..all right, that's a pretty good one. Remark retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    who is this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualDude10 View Post
    who is this guy?
    "Phil Davies."

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    "Phil Davies."
    ok, what advice would you give me?

Quote Originally Posted by love'sreject View Post
    "phil davies."
    holla at ur boi.

Hola? Oh Holler.. When you spell it as hola that means hello in spanish!

She's definitely playing with you. Being dumped is the worst feeling, you coming back is not respectful for her. Cut this, start moving her and apologise. Btw I'm a man.

Agree with peter she is playing with you so keep away from her.