+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend says she doesn't like presents but prefers "Acts of Love"

Girlfriend says she doesn't like presents but prefers "Acts of Love"

Hello everyone.

Let me give you some insight into the situation. We are both in our early 20's & have been together for just over 6 months. Last week we went through a rough patch,I have a Flat with my ex Girlfriend which we are currently in the process of selling, it's going to complete next week Friday. Because of this it finally took its toll on the fact i have to keep in contact, albeit as little as possible with my ex. We had a heated argument and she broke up with me. Since then i have been doing everything in my power to try and get her back. We are still "Together" per-say, however she is deciding if it is worth it.

I sent her some Flowers to her work and also left a teddy with a card on her bed yesterday (Friday) she told me that she appreciated the gesture/presents. However she prefers "Acts of Love" I asked her to elaborate on it and she said basically being Spontaneous and taking her out to something completely unexpected yet romantic. The problem i have is that in 2 days time she is going Back to Spain (She is Spanish) for 17 days. Now my plan - even before all this happened - was to go to Spain whilst she was there and surprise her. I feel that i literally have these 2 days and then that it is, i will be gone for good with no chance.

I want to make the last 2 days with her as special as possible. The issues i face are that; 1. I work Nights. 2. There is literally nothing to do within the local area unless i am willing to travel 50+ Miles (For something as simple as a firework display) What i am asking is, is there anything i can do which would be Romantic/Unique and literally blow her away? I have thought about a picnic, but the weather is awful, we have been to the cinema recently so that is a no go. And she Hates and i mean Hates Christmas, mainly because she has to spend it away from her Family as she is not allowed time off over Christmas (I was thinking Christmas markets)

I am so worried that i will not think of anything to do and she will be convinced i am not making an effort, I really, really am trying. It's killing me every second that passes and i don't have any clue on what we can do.

Sorry for the essay!!

Heeeeeeelp!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cook something together, and eat it by candlelight. And eat with your mouth closed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thank you for the suggestion. I would love to do this but it is literally impossible. We both live in Staff accommodation and have no access to a kitchen, even a communal one

So where do you eat your meals?

How about taking her to a local art museum or something?

We work for a 5 star hotel. It's a massive place so we eat in the staff canteen. Part of living in is 3 meals a day at the hotel.

Nearest art museum is 50 miles away (London) but it is something i have thought about.

Thankyou for the suggestions

Is she fond of sports? Maybe you can invite here to watch her favorite sport or her favorite team play.