+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex is nice to me now

Ex is nice to me now

A guy and I dated for a little bit last semester but we broke up because our hometowns are 4 hours away from each other and he doesn't like distance. So we broke it off and I told him I did not want to hear from him because all he did was play games with me, so I did not hear from him for a month and he could not resist not talking to me, because he missed me. We talked over the summer pretty much, but the thing is that I was dating someone else for about 2 of the 3 months. When we finally saw each other after around 2 months or so we barely talked to each other like it was awkward and once the semester started we did not talk to each other at all and I have not hung out with all semester. Of course he will say hi like randomly but has only happened once or twice so far. Like recently at an event we were working at, we checked in around the same time and we had to get our name tags. As I was checking in, he got me my name tag after that, and when I was talking to some people I just happened to see him right behind me talking to another person. I have lost all of my friends since I broke up with him because he was originally friends with them but at the event this weekend I was actually talking to other people so it felt great for once. Any idea why he is being nicer?

Did you talk? Did he ask you out or anything? Otherwise he might have just been nice for the sake of it.

of course he didnt ask me out. he did it merely because I was there and he is usually not that nice. usually he just ignores me. I am sure he found out about the guy I dated over the summer because he all of a sudden stopped talking to me at one point. he did not get a name tag for anyone else except me.

That means nothing, per se. If you are interested in dating him again, ask him out.

Stop making assumptions. It seems to me that you are hoping he would like to go out with you again, so start talking to him again to find out. If it isn't really that important to you then just drop it and ignore it.

I didn't quite get what the question here was? If he likes you? I think he doesn't.

And for the future, don't bother posting under "ask a male" you'll get a bunch of women posting their opinions, they don't seem to care to respect this... you'd be better served to post somewhere more general. Or, if you need a man's opinion, ask your question under "ask a female".

Sixpacj, you didn't say anything different from what smackie and I said.

You don't need to be a male to understand male or female human behavior.

smackie and searock at the scene of the crime again, eh sixpack

OP, you consider getting your name tag for you and saying hi randomly once or twice nicer? Let it go.

searock, why ask him out again? he's not interested. Our (mine and sixpack) advice is totally opposite. You and smackie say push the issue and ask. We're telling her let it go kid, he's obviously "not in to you".

I thought we agreed on the male/female mind thingy wee one?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

If i was searock, I would tell you to go **** yourself, but Im not.

That's only because you see life from a female perspective
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I didn't say he was interested...she needs to have him reject her in order to finally put this to rest or she going to keep posting all over the place.

Who knows....maybe he wants to throw a hump into her one last time.

I also told her that the things she said about him mean nothing at all. By suggesting her to ask him out I was by no means implying that he is interested. I just know that this particular poster will not believe what we tell her, no matter how sensible. She asks him out, she gets her answer, the end. Otherwise she'll just keep asking herself (and us) the same questions over and over.

As I said, you don't need to be a male in order to understand human behavior (male or female).

It actually helps if you're a female.

An off-topic example, just to prove my point. About an year ago, a female friend of mine asked my opinion regarding a guy she had a crush on. They had been flirting for about a month, they had both told each other that they were attracted to each other, but he never made the first move and she was too shy to do it herself. She told me details about their flirting and friendship, told me how he moved and acted around her, etcetera. My guess was that he liked her a lot and he was afraid of getting hurt, so basically he didn't make the first move because he was scared. I told everything my friend told me to my boyfriend, to hear a male's opinion: maybe I had gotten it all wrong after all. He told me the opposite of what I had thought, that if a guy knew that a girl he liked was into him he'd act on it, he wouldn't wait, he'd go for it. I also asked another female friend of mine's opinion, and she agreed with me. A week later, my friend's crush kissed her. They are now in a long term relationship. Turned out the reason he waited so long to make the first move was that he was terrified of getting hurt, because his previous girlfriend was a b*tch that left him traumatized. I had understood him (without ever meeting him, just basing myself on what my friend had told me), my boyfriend had not.

I can think of many other real-life examples in which females had a better understanding of what was going on than guys did.

Also:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6409911/Women-better-at-picking-up-on-emotions-than-men.html ,
    http://www.unh.edu/emotional_intelligence/EIAssets/EmotionalIntelligenceProper/EI1999MayerCarusoSaloveyIntelligence.pdf (page 282),
    http://www.acceptandchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ciarrochi_Chan_PID_A_Critical_Evaluation_of_the_Em otional_Intelligence_Construct_2000.pdf (page 551),
    and so on.
    Last edited by searock; 12-11-12 at 05:09 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who cares? Sounds like he broke with you and played games as an added bonus. Did he ever apologize? If not, then ignore him b/c I guarantee that his reasons for reaching out to you are more about him than any care for you. I'm not saying to be rude, but keep your emotional distance. You've moved on. Stay that way.

I agree with Haxan and Six. He's the one who broke things off. So, if he *is* into you, let him do the hustling for you. I doubt he'll make that much effort tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He won't, and she'll keep wondering and thinking that he may be into her... she needs to get her answer the hard way.

Just read her previous thread: http://www.loveforum.net/threads/68789-After-friend-and-I-made-out-it-is-now-awkward...?

This girl is hopeless at reading "signals".
    Last edited by searock; 12-11-12 at 10:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast