+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The punishment of love?

The punishment of love?

Well I'll go outright and say this, I think I'm jealous. I started going out with my girlfriend for a few weeks now and she's everything to me in terms of my life, my friend, and someone to lean on whenever I feel down. She shows an abundance of love towards me and is ecstatic when we meet each other after school. Whenever I see her, she intoxicates me with her affection and even her presence alone can do that.

Here's where the problem comes in. She has this male friend who seems to joke around with her a lot and seems to be making her happy whenever they meet. For a fact, I know he has a crush on her but she hasn't fully shown any signs of affection for him. She's even admitted to me that she would never get together with him but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Whenever I see them together, I can't help the feeling of being jealous. Somehow it seems he's taking away the one thing I hold dear to and he's finding a way to hook up with her. They always seem to be talking to each other even when I'm around them. Is this the final punishment of love or is it something I should deal with right now? It's been bugging me almost everyday now and I can't seem to make it go away. Do you have any thoughts?

Bring it up with her. Tell her what you told us. Let her know how you feel about it and tell her you wont tolerate his flirting with her. If she gets defensive on his half, tell her she needs to think about what shes doing. Remember it takes two to tango.