+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with older guy

In love with older guy

I didn't know where else to go for advice so I came here. Hopefully some of you will be nice enough to help.

Six years ago, I met this guy Mark. Mark was one of my instructors for a project and would flirt quite a bit with me saying things such as "You're really pretty. Let me hold you." At first when he did this, I ignored it...he was 32 and I was 20... nothing could come of it. But then at the end of that day he grabbed my hand and starred into my eyes....I felt something between us really powerful.
    I hadn't seen him much at all until this past weekend. Yesterday, I was driving through the parking lot at work (I work where he works basically) and there he was walking in front of my car. I looked directly at me again and that feeling came rushing back...I was still attracted to him after all these years. Once I parked my car I decided to stop at the cafe and there he was again...in front of me getting lunch with some man. He glanced at me, his face turned red and then he started smiling. I looked away.. I was insecure. Later that day, he worked across from me and we both started looking at each other but neither one of us made a move. I tried to keep busy to avoid developing feelings and I think he caught on to it. Then he saw me leave. I had to stop in traffic and he began walking right towards my car then on the side of it.. he was getting really close. But I decided to keep ignoring him and just left. To be honest with you, I ignored him because I wasn't sure how he'd react if he knew how I felt and also because I felt I looked like junk that day and didn't want him to see me at anything other than my best.
    Now, I can't stop thinking about him. Now that we're older, he's 38 and I'm 26 neither of us have kids nor are married.... I would like something to develop with him but I just don't know how to approach it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Awww thats pretty neat that you two have had this attraction for so long. Thats a really good thing. I say you should just stop being scared and let him make a move. Be nice to him and thats really all you need to do. Let it happen.

Thanks for the response, lovely lady 86.

I don't quite know how to stop being scared. When I look at him, I practically fall aprart.. if I didn't look away, I would have been smiling and blushing as bad as him. Maybe I need to toughen up.

Ya being shy about him isnt a bad thing... its sweet! and he probably knows thats the case... men arent totally stupid ya know? hehe
    Just give him the chance to start a conversation...
    ~Sarah~

A friend of mine that was with me said he looked slightly offended that I didn't say "hi" when I saw him. Bleh...I can't win.

I just hope I see him again.