+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back a man's attention

Getting back a man's attention

So is it possible to get back a man's attention?

Went out for a couple of months, started sleeping, I wanted to be just FWB but then I started developing feelings as he is losing interest. ( i know, i know). I don't think he knows I have any feelings invested in this yet as I am playing it cool. I don't believe in having talks, those always make men run for the hills.

So is it anyway possible to get his interests back or should I just move the f*** on.

Honest insights and ideas? Please.

Have to agree with blossom here, he's had what he wants and is now no longer interested. Personally speaking I don't see the FWB thing as in my opinion if two people continue to see each other for sexual pleasure other feeling and emotions will start to develop. I'm not judging you here just giving my view and in answer to your question move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Anika1 View Post
    So is it possible to get back a man's attention?

Went out for a couple of months, started sleeping, I wanted to be just FWB but then I started developing feelings as he is losing interest. ( i know, i know). I don't think he knows I have any feelings invested in this yet as I am playing it cool. I don't believe in having talks, those always make men run for the hills.

So is it anyway possible to get his interests back or should I just move the f*** on.

Honest insights and ideas? Please.
    You don't believe in having talks? So... you want him to read your mind? Trust me, that passive-aggressive thing never works. Just tell him what you want. You might get it, you might not. If you don't actually communicate with him, you WON'T get what you want.

See? That's the problem with girls today. Men are not complicated. Girls make the situation more complicated than it has to ever be, and they whine on forums if shit goes wrong.

My advice, move on. He ****ed you, lost interest. Chances for him to come back are so slim... Only if he is really desperate and lonely he will ever come back to you

I am female....and I am replying!

You have to express how you feel with words...you can't avoid "talks" forever. It's uncomfortable, but you gotta do it. I think that if you even have to bring up "the talk" with a guy you are sleeping with, then he isn't interested in a romantic relationship...he would say something first.

I have gotten back the attention of several men in the past. But, what I realized is that they still just want sex. They already know the sex is great and that I am attractive so why would they turn it down? But, they still didn't want a committed relationship b/c that is the type of men they were/are. They are all still single to this day actually! Lol. I tend to fall for the eternal bachelor or a guy who wants to get married right away :/ Anyway, all you have to do to get back the attention of a man is look good....run into them a few times in a social setting and act very vague so they aren't sure if you want them still or not. It can take a while sometimes....but it always works. Feed their ego...make them question themselves. Then ignore them and they will contact you. But, all that is just childish games and a waste of time. Tell this guy you have feelings for him and see what his response is. If he doesn't feel the same way then move on...you wont change his mind about the feelings part.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 14-11-12 at 11:31 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anika1 View Post
    I don't believe in having talks, those always make men run for the hills.
    True, but only if they don't care about you.

If you want a guy back who doesn't care for you, call him and tell him you want to put his big, hard penis in your soft, wet vagina, but he will have to leave pretty quickly afterwards because you have plans. He'll show up, believe me. But all he will want is sex; he still won't care about you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yep... maple and vashti have covered the jist of your situation, Op. If you don't want this to keep happening to you then I suggest you change up your dating M.O and quit saying you'll settle to be FWB... the truth is that if you want to screw him, then you're going to want more from him ~ it's usually the natural progression that most women end up in so stop fooling yourself thinking that you can sport **** with indifference when it's not in you to be successfull at that.

Newsflash: It's not talking to men that makes them run for the hills. If you know how to calmly and matter of factly state your issue that is... so you best stop being afraid to ask for what you want or you'll never graduate from this crappy type of situation. What is the point of staying in a situtaion that you're not happy with? If he runs then good ridance to bad rubish. Surely you believe you're worth more than what he was only offering? Surely!

Thanks to all of you for replying. I guess I need to change my dating style. This FWB thing sounds cool but is not my cup of tea, I realise.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Guys are pretty simple. They usually go into a FWB situation expecting just that and nothing more. 99% of the time when I'm hearing about someone catching feelings in a FWB arrangement, it's the woman. The men get confused, because that is not what they signed up for and they don't know why you're changing the game on them.

FWB rarely ends up being what it was meant to be, and rarely ends well. Been there, done that, learned from it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

The issue is that (most) women have emotional attachment with sex (sex is love love is sex), while on the other hand guys can separate it. And yes FWB isn't for everyone. Maybe figure out what your expectations are and stick with them.....never settle for less.
    Last edited by smackie9; 16-11-12 at 01:12 PM.

Anika, a little food for thought moving forward. FWB is a myth. You have better odds of walking outside to the first area of soil that you see, digging a hole and finding a dinosaur bone, than you have of finding two people who are attracted to each other, that have great sex and neither one gets attached.

It just doesn't happen. It might not be admitted to, but it doesn't happen.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Anika, a little food for thought moving forward. FWB is a myth. You have better odds of walking outside to the first area of soil that you see, digging a hole and finding a dinosaur bone, than you have of finding two people who are attracted to each other, that have great sex and neither one gets attached.

It just doesn't happen. It might not be admitted to, but it doesn't happen.
    Exactly...that is why its very frustrating when men enter into these types of situations and act like "it's no big deal" or continue to sleep with the girl/woman for months at a time....why do men do this? They aren't as stupid as they pretend to be...they know women get attached. It's selfish, careless and hurtful.

I realize that I already know the answer to my own question...it's just sad *some* men are like this
    Last edited by Maple1714; 16-11-12 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Exactly...that is why its very frustrating when men enter into these types of situations and act like "it's no big deal" or continue to sleep with the girl/woman for months at a time....why do men do this? They aren't as stupid as they pretend to be...they know women get attached. It's selfish, careless and hurtful.

I realize that I already know the answer to my own question...it's just sad *some* men are like this
    So it's men that have the problem? Interesting viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Guys are pretty simple. They usually go into a FWB situation expecting just that and nothing more. 99% of the time when I'm hearing about someone catching feelings in a FWB arrangement, it's the woman. The men get confused, because that is not what they signed up for and they don't know why you're changing the game on them.

FWB rarely ends up being what it was meant to be, and rarely ends well. Been there, done that, learned from it.
    Quoting Bluesummer b/c I agree with the above statement.

HIA - In my experience, it's women who form the attachment. You disagree? I never said it was a *problem* that men have....

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The issue is that (most) women have emotional attachment with sex (sex is love love is sex), while on the other hand guy can separate it. And yes FWB isn't for everyone. Maybe figure out what your expectations are and stick with them.....never settle for less.
    HIA - you agreed with this statement....and I said *some* men. Of course, women need to take responsibility, but so do men and they tend to just run and hide in these situations....the man "Whoops, my penis just happened to find its way into your vagina 15 times last month. Sorry if you got the wrong idea that I cared about you"....lol
    Last edited by Maple1714; 16-11-12 at 03:50 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast