+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be completely honest about my past relationship?

Should I be completely honest about my past relationship?

So,

After a year of getting over a horrible break up, and feeling good about myself again, I have met someone new.

We have been talking for 2 weeks and we had our first date in the second week. Everything went great, we laughed, we ate and went to walk around at a park, it was something that felt very real , he was very respectful and is truly interested in getting to know me more. Asking me about my family, my life etc.

We are going to hang out again on Saturday, (today is wednesday) and I am really looking forward to it.

My question to you men out there is, when the time comes that he asks me about my past relationships, should I be completely honest about it? I went through a bad break up one year ago, I was with my ex bf, and I was messing around with someone else while at the same time talking to other people and going back with my other ex, It was a big back and forth situation. It was really crazy.

I know he will ask about my last relationship etc, I would really like to know what you guys think. I DO want to be really honest to him about everything, but..I find this particular topic to be a little difficult for obvious reasons.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks!
    Last edited by paloma; 15-11-12 at 03:42 AM.

Yes, you should be completely honest. If you're not, and it gets serious, he'll eventually find out, and then he'll be wondering why you lied to him... and distrust will be the beginning of the end.

OK, that is the way I thought about it at first, but well, I needed some reassurance. Thank you!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems like an overshare for the 2nd date. But I guess if he asks, then some sharing is fine. I'd make sure not to e-vomit on him, though. Men take their emotional content in small doses. Let him ask what he wants to know.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Seems like an overshare for the 2nd date.
    There is that.

Ok, I dont think he will ask on our second date, I asked just in case he asks me in our future dates. I think he will most likely ask, and ok. Thank you for the "Let him ask what he wants to know." That was helpful!

Thanks guys!