+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Want to Date my Teacher.

I Want to Date my Teacher.

Let me first say that I'm in college and it's a student teacher I'm talking about (he can't be older than 28), so everyone involved is an adult and in the same age range.

Well basically the semester's almost over and he's doing something else next semester, so it's now or never.

I'm pretty quiet in the class and he may not even know I exist...well, I'm sure he caught me staring at him a couple of times when I shouldn't have been, but that's it.

I'm actively looking for a relationship, so I went browsing through online dating profiles in my zip code on a site and, turns out, he had one (and it didn't look old or anything). So I guess it's safe to assume he's single and looking.

I'm going to tutoring with him tomorrow and guess it would make the most sense to do whatever I'm going to do then, since there aren't other classmates all around us. But what should I do to make it clear that I'm interested in dating him, without coming off as a creep?

I really would like to at least have a chance with him, he seems like a great guy. But I'm afraid he'll just end up thinking I'm being inappropriate or something.

So how can I do this without behaving inappropriately? Thanks.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just wait until the semester is over and then contact him through the online dating site? Seems like that might be a little less awkward. He may not even remember you from class and then it's just a legitimate date. It's also easier to get turned down on an online dating site than in person......while being tutored......with a couple of weeks left in the semester.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a lab TA interested in me when I was an undergrad (and dinosaurs roamed the earth). Organic chem for the curious. I was seeing someone at the time, so I feigned ignorance. What you do is tell him casually and privately he seems like a great guy and would he be interested in getting together for coffee *after* your course is finished. It would be inappropriate for him to date you while you are a student, but afterward is perfectly fine.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Gargul View Post
    Let me first say that I'm in college and it's a student teacher I'm talking about (he can't be older than 28), so everyone involved is an adult and in the same age range.

Well basically the semester's almost over and he's doing something else next semester, so it's now or never.

I'm pretty quiet in the class and he may not even know I exist...well, I'm sure he caught me staring at him a couple of times when I shouldn't have been, but that's it.

I'm actively looking for a relationship, so I went browsing through online dating profiles in my zip code on a site and, turns out, he had one (and it didn't look old or anything). So I guess it's safe to assume he's single and looking.

I'm going to tutoring with him tomorrow and guess it would make the most sense to do whatever I'm going to do then, since there aren't other classmates all around us. But what should I do to make it clear that I'm interested in dating him, without coming off as a creep?

I really would like to at least have a chance with him, he seems like a great guy. But I'm afraid he'll just end up thinking I'm being inappropriate or something.

So how can I do this without behaving inappropriately? Thanks.
    Just about every School as a policy on dating students (even as assistants) If he's any kind of professional he wont date you....sorry to tell you that

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's no rule that a prof can't date a student. Especially if its not his or her student. I know one who married his grad student (he's weird, but point still made). College is different from high school, where most students are minors.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh