+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A difficult situation. Please Help!!!

A difficult situation. Please Help!!!

I need some serious help right now. I guess i will start with some background information. Me and Alex have been dating for quite some time, things were going well, but then in the past week she started acting weird. Yesterday we were walking and i told her i was worried about how shes been acting. Then one thing lead to another and we got to this. Alex said "I think i was looking for more of a Bestfriend than a Boyfriend. I really like you though. I thought i was ready for this, but i`m obviously not." Then she went on about how nosey her friends and family are. Then i asked "Are you breaking up with me?" And we did. Then later that night i started texting her. We talked about going slower. Then starting over. Then we put our relationship on a 'Pause'. Now were just broken up. I finally got all my feelings together and sent her the following emails. I need help with how to proceed from this. I need to know what to do if we get back together, and if we dont. And honestly, i want to know if i did and said the right things.
    Here are the emails:
    1:
    Alex, we don`t need to break up. We can just slow down the physical stuff, start over even. I understand that it can be uncomfortable sometimes and that`s fine, you just need to tell me. I also understand that you were looking for more of a 'best friend' than a 'boyfriend' but i have fallen for you, and you have said so yourself that you really like me as well. But we can just tone down the intimate stuff. We don`t need to break up, we`re good together, we connect on so many levels, we don`t need to destroy something beautiful. I think we should talk about what sort of things you ARE comfortable with if we are going to date again. I don`t want to lose you, i don`t want things to end like this, don`t become a part of my stupid depressive shit. Lets talk things out again, please. If you really did want to break up with me, I understand, sometimes i am not the best boyfriend. Plus, now that we have clarified the "Love thing" I think we can progress as boyfriend and girlfriend at a better pace. Its my fault we went too fast!! I realize that now. Nothing was your fault, it was me who went too fast! I was not thinking that maybe you were not ready for something serious. We can just date casually, we`ll be kind of like best friends, except we`ll now have to discuss what you are comfortable with if were going to try this again. Its all up to you now. Think about this for a while. I think it can work, its up to what ever makes you happy. That is all i care about.
    2: (This i sent after a sudden realization)
    Alex I just remembered that you said you needed space. (As im constantly bugging you right now...). Im so stupid sometimes. Depending on what you decide, I think ill leave you alone for a while. I dont know for how long, it depends. But it all comes down to what you want. I dont want to make things harder than they are.

Once you figure things out for yourself contact me somehow. Then we can talk about what i previously said we need to discuss, and what i just said we need to discuss.

Okay i know its alot, but i really like Alex. And i want this to work. And in case anyone asks the 'Love thing' is i had said i loved her way too early, when i actually didnt. She said she loved me too. But now weve clarified all that. So, please help!

In my opinion dude, you have been friend-zoned. I know it's hard but what you need to do is walk away from her, close this chapter in your life and move onto the next one. I appreciate it's easier said than done but it's what you need to do.

Thats what i thought was happening. Im going to wait and see what she says, if she wants to stay together then thats amazing. But if not, i dont think ill be seeing her. (Except we have classes together.) I just hope she understands how this is making me feel, i have a history of severe depression. When we were dating i told her numerous times. 'Youre the best part of my life, and the ray of hope that gives my light meaning." I guess that meant nothing to her. Its time to find someone else, but for now i just need a friend to help me through this. If anyone else has anything to say, it is still greatly appreciated.

Dude there is nothing to wait for....she liked you, gave the relationship a shot, the feelings didn't progress, she didn't want to lead you on so she ended it. IMO she was being respectful of you, her decision was fair.

You want to keep a girl around, you can't be all clingy, sucky and all mushy. If some one said to me anything like "the ray of hope that gives my light meaning" would have me running away. That message says "I depend on you to be my whole world because I have no self worth."

Try to build a good solid independent life that keeps you busy with new interests, hobbies and a strong social circle so that it develops your individuality, and gives you substance. Stop depending on a GF to give you a life or this will keep happening over and over. Let her go and move on.

I have. Its finished, and she keeps saying i want to be friends. But i don't think i can be.