+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She asked for a "COOL-OFF"

She asked for a "COOL-OFF"

Me and my girlfriend were together for like more than 2 years, yes we had our ups and downs while in a relationship and get back to each other once again.
    we really love each other but this time i really messed up so here's the story.

My girlfriend suddenly never texted me or replies to my messages for like a week,
    i definitely have no idea why? and i asked her about it but no replies.
    so i was thinking of a way to make us meet each other.
    i acted that i had an accident that the hit my right arm and i had to use a cast for it.
    and when that time came she texted me and asked me every detail about it.
    and she wanted to meet me the other day, so i was really happy about it.
    but the point here is.. i lied to her and i made her feel so guilty,
    after a couple of days after the accident, she was having doubts about me about it.
    but she wanted to believe that i was telling the truth about the accident and then she never texted me for like 2 weeks.
    and i tried to text her asked her what's the problem although i knew that the problem was the accident but i denied that it was the problem,
    because it was already been like for a week. but then after those 2 weeks of no texts she texted me and asked me this.

"Sorry for making you feel left out, I just didn't feel like dealing with these things right away, had problems on my own, so sorry.
    I also got irritated when you texted me last time. What's up with that? Anyway I've been meaning to ask you this, I'm hoping you'll tell me the truth.
    Did you lie to me about the accident?"

and when i received that message i told her the truth that i lied to her.
    then she told me that we'd talk to each other on a certain date and when we met each other
    after alot of conversation going on at the end she asked me for a "COOL-OFF"

i really never wanted to lie to her but what's done is done.
    i know i deserve this because it was a childish thing for me to do.
    i got selfish because i only did that thing just for me to be able to see her.
    never got to see the consequences. and i learned alot about this situation and i really wanted to be able to show to her that im really worthy of her.

and so here's the question i've been wanting to ask.

If she was the one who asked for a "COOL-OFF" what do i do i mean what if im already ready and made a big change? will i be the on to approach her or what?
    How long is this gonna take?
    How will i be able to prove to her that im really worthy of her?
    She changed her profile picture on facebook of her solo picture. but our pictures together are still there and she also hid our relationship status.
    do i also change my profile picture to solo of me? and hide my relationship status? will it offend her?
    Is it okay for me to have fun? like go out with my friends catch up with what's happening with them.
    will she feel the same way? i mean will she feel sad also of what have happened between us?
    How will i be able to make our relationship not get cold? because we all know i cannot text her right?
    i definitely have no idea what do i do in a situation like this. all i know is that i have to make myself get back up. prove to her that im worthy of her &
    learned alot of lessons and show her that i'll never do it again.

we both know that we really love each other and we do not have any other third parties. we really are faithful to each other and loyal.
    i also do not believe that if you're in a "cool-off" stage it is a prelude to breaking up. i do not believe this.
    i also think that she made this call because she wanted me to make me feel how i hurt her. and gives me a lesson about it.
    and also i was also "CLINGY" to her that i get disappointed whenever she drinks with her bestfriends even though im there with her.
    i also easily get jealous whenever she's with some guys. or if someone texted her or anything. i know its one of the reason why she wanted a "Cool-Off" and i really wanted myself to change
    that kind of attitude. and i realized that i lost alot of friends because i was focusing too much time to her.

so do you guys think in our situation. this "Cool-off" thing is just a situation for us to have some time for ourselves? and be back whenever we're both ready?
    I also believe that "Love is more great the second time around" right?
    sorry for this questions its my first time to experience this cool-off. i'd appreciate every comments you give and advices that you very much!
    Last edited by mcfloat21; 18-11-12 at 02:20 PM.

I think you should stop playing games and break up.

Anyone who pretends to have an accident, to guilt their partner in staying in a relationship, is obviously obsessed, clingy, crazy, etc.

She met somebody else and wants to try dating him for a while, but didn't want to risk losing you until she is sure about the new guy. Your behavior has elevated this sordid situation to the heights of rom-com silliness.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Mate, you're not looking at the issue of the lack of texts which led you to lying about your arm. She'd already gotten tired of you before you tricked her.
    This Cool Off is her way of breaking up with you. She's too weak to do a proper breakup, so she's dragging it out until she gets the courage to do it properly.

Let her go. You sound young, so learn from your mistakes and start afresh with someone new.

Yup, she's breaking up with you, but trying to do it drama-free for herself. She's hoping you'll get the message by yourself.

Vincenzo is probably right too in that she's keeping you indefinite in case things don't work out with the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cocos View Post
    dude i get tired of u just by reading the first part. how old r u?

u are annoying she need to get a mature bf//
    Hey Dumbass - notice that the flag under where it says 'country' is the Philippine flag. Probably not his native language.

but isn't she just doing this cool-off just for us to have some time for each other, solve some problems on our own. because we also had this kind of problem to the point that we were almost about to break up but after days have passed. when we were together again she told me that she wasn't really going to break up with me in the first place. she just wanted to say that just to teach me a lesson or something like that. and then i do not believe that she has some other guy because i definitely know her that much that she really is a loyal woman whenever she is in a relationship. we've been through alot lately and we just needed to breathe. im hoping to ask an advice on what would i do in a situation like this? i do not actually want to know the outcome of us being breaking up. because i know it isnt going to happen i do not mean to offend those people who tried to tell me that we're breaking up but i do believe that we can work it out. i just needed some a little bit of advice about this cool off

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hey Dumbass - notice that the flag under where it says 'country' is the Philippine flag. Probably not his native language.
    It's Cheekxs in yet another new account as she was banned again.

As for the OP, I think you should roll with the "cool off" for now. Not because it will save your relationship, but because you need to get some perspective on how to act normally. Pretending you broke your arm to get your gf to pay more attention to you is absurd, and honestly, you probably should have just ended it instead. I get the feeling the way she grilled you that you might be a bit of an attention whore, and this falls under "normal" for you to do things like this (maybe just not this extreme).

if you want to save it, just lay low, wait until the date she said she wants to meet you, back off, appear to be less clingy than you have been.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    It's Cheekxs in yet another new account as she was banned again.
    I know......

**** yeah you know

hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by cocos View Post
    Cerby white. Trash kill yourself lifeless fagg.stop being in my ass I dont like u and never will so stop looking for me e everywhere retarded pedophile and take your gay dumbass little friend heartisaxhing gay fool with u.no body here likes u.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, I don't speak "Uneducated Idiot".
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

She/he, is implying that you are a paedophile, and also probably a homosexual. She/he is also saying that they are not your biggest fan, and you should probably kill yourself and take your gay fool friend, heartisaxhing with you. She/he is also implying that nobody else on the forum likes you. For the record, i think your ok, for a poof.

She/he also wishes you would stop following her/him, and thinks you may also be retarded.

Im not ****ing translating all that.

lolz .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast