+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think it's right he said this to me?

Do you think it's right he said this to me?

My boyfriend told me he is in love with me and I think I know he is. He tells me that he only wants me and he wants to be with me for the rest of his life. I jokingly told him that that me might have other girlfriends in the future, and he said "Yeah, well you don't know that".

Do you think he should have said this to me? I personally believe that he should have said that he only wants me, but I don't know.

You joked with him and he joked back. Don't give it if you can't take it, right? He was telling you what you wanted to hear, you joked about other girls, he played along, and now you're here and upset.

Self esteem issues I would guess.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Imadesklamp, I agree with the previous poster. Don't tease if you can't take a teasing response.

Having said that, his response to you was a positive one. If he'd said "yeah, I probably will have more girlfriends in the future" then you'd have something to worry about. But instead, he gave you the positive response that you don't know if he'll have more girlfriends in the future.

Stop over thinking and just get on with your relationship.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First of all, he was joking back with you. Secondly, he responded to your statement by saying "you don't know that", not "damn right I will."

What's the problem again?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi