+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I get my ex back!?

How can I get my ex back!?

I'm trying to attract my ex wife back, and I will do everything! Even if I have to bench press a Cadillac to get her back, then I will! Let me first state that I already initiated the first step in this process yesterday. I called her, sent her a bouquet of flowers with a letter. In it, I said I'm sorry and that I hope that she can forgive me, that I don't blame her for what happened, that I still love her and that she has a special place in my heart. I told her that I am also moving on with my life. I told her that I've changed in ways she wanted me to change, and I'm still improving. I told her that I know she may not care, and that she has moved on with her life. I understand that and I'll never stop loving her. I don't expect her to get back with me and that I'm just asking for forgiveness. I said i'd love to hear from her just to see how she's doing, thenI wished her all the success and happiness.
    Then, today I received this email reply from her:

I'm glad to hear all is well with you. Thank you for the flowers and letter, you didn't have to do that. I forgive you. I did it long time ago. Yes, your email hurt me and I had to step back from everyone for a while to protect myself. But, I did understand your pain and tried to focus on positive side of you to get over it. I would like you to know that you would always be appreciated. I know that you don't believe me but I'm thankful and would never forget what you have done for me. I would have liked to give you a call to tell you this but I'm not ready yet. I hope you understand. As ALWAYS I wish you the best and happiness.

The email she's referring to here is an email I sent her 3 months ago when I was in despair and great emotional distress. I simply told her how much Ihated her for divorcing me . And a little background: We've been divorced for a year now. She lives in another state. We stopped communicating 3 months ago.

You see, in the email she gives me hope by saying she's not yet ready, which means that there's the possibility for us the get back together again!
    And my question here is, based on the information you have, what else would you do in my situation to get her back? For example, would subtle forms of communication, such as sending her physical letters in the mail instead of phone calls/emails work? What would you write about? Flowers every now and then? Gifts? ? ?

Your replies are greatly appreciated!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aaargh, why do people only take their partner's unhappiness seriously after that person finally leaves?! My ex-h did this too. Despite knowing how unhappy I was, he only decided to change after I'd left. And leaving the changes till after the person ends things with you you is just too late.

At any rate, she's moved on. Her being not ready only refers to personally wishing you well in your future life. She's not referring to dating or seeing you again.

Keep working on the things you've changed so that you will be a better partner for someone else in the future.

Well, I know she's moving on and I am moving on as well. This is like ground zero. I'm trying to attract her back to me again. No where in her email does she state that she doesn't want to see/date me again.
    I would like to know when if at all, should I repsond to her email and what to say.

But, equally, her email doesn't say that she DOES want to see you. There's nothing in that email to glean hope from.

And 'moving on' means leaving an ex in the past and starting a new life without them. She's moving on - but you're not. Ignore the email, it's time to let this go.

Shish, i thought i would hear words of hope, encouragement and plan of action, but the replies so far are disappointing. Thanks, but I'm not giving up on my love just yet.

sorry, but I can only gauge how I felt about my ex once I'd left. He was also desperate to have me back, but there is nothing he could have done to make me return.

Your wife wouldn't have divorced you if she was open to the idea of getting back together.

To tell u the truth, it was a mutual decision to divorce. One of her most frequent complaints was that i dont pay attention to her, i dont listen/share feelings, or spend enough time with her. i am improving in this department though. I should also mention that after our divorce, i was helping her financially for college. She works part time, but its not enough to help her pay bills and college. I hinted at that in a letter i sent her today that i would like to know how she's doing financially and otherwise.