+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The next move ?

The next move ?

Hi everyone,

I have started to become friendly with this girl from my last school (were both 18) I fell out with her two years ago after I gave her some slighty bad advice.

Anyway started talking again, and I really am starting to like her more than a friend but I'm not sure firstly if she feels the same and how to express how I feel.

At present we email occasionly and text maybe every second day, and yesterday she said she needed to get away from school and asked me if I wanted to meet up with her for a bit. I took that as a good sign as why would she want to meet with me for only an hour when she has all her boy and girl friends in school?

Anyway I wanted to express how I feel when we met earlier today but she didn't give me an signs and I don't think I really gave her any either.

I have just sent an email thanking her for meeting up and how much I enjoyed it but I don't know what to do ?

I wanted to take the oppertunity at the weekend to she what she thinks of me so I get it straight if she likes me or not. She is seeing her old friend on Sat and Sunday and I really don't know what to do ?

Maybe I should wait until next week and this time be the one to see if she wants to meet up then try and show her some signs - because at the moment any signs I've tried to show have really just ended up looking like friendship ones.

Any advice as to what I should do would be really cool - I will say thank you now and also after if anyone can help,

Thank you for reading I hope I can get some advice off someone
    wfors.
    Last edited by wfors; 13-05-05 at 01:43 AM.

Tone Guest
    Opportunities don't come often - take advantage of them! While you're busy sittin around thinkin what you wanna say some other clown might be makin the moves on your girl, know what I mean? Don't wait too long, just be real, be yourself, and tell her how you feel. Just start askin her to hang out more, ask her if she wanna go to get somethin to eat and to a movie after on Friday, etc... best of luck! The worse thing you can do is keep your feelings bottled in and give someone else time to move in and steal your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Opportunities don't come often - take advantage of them! While you're busy sittin around thinkin what you wanna say some other clown might be makin the moves on your girl, know what I mean? Don't wait too long, just be real, be yourself, and tell her how you feel. Just start askin her to hang out more, ask her if she wanna go to get somethin to eat and to a movie after on Friday, etc... best of luck! The worse thing you can do is keep your feelings bottled in and give someone else time to move in and steal your girl.

Thanks for replying their, yeah I totally see what you mean. I am still not sure if the meet up was a friends thing or more, but either way I guess its bad to keep it inside you....

I'm just going to wait and see fi I get a responce to my email because I don't want to be too intence and always expect her to reply and keep in touch straight away. Will scare her off right ?

Don't these "clowns" have their own girl they like. I never understood that.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wfors
    Thanks for replying their, yeah I totally see what you mean. I am still not sure if the meet up was a friends thing or more, but either way I guess its bad to keep it inside you....

I'm just going to wait and see fi I get a responce to my email because I don't want to be too intence and always expect her to reply and keep in touch straight away. Will scare her off right ?
    Well it depends... you might scare her away if she's still in the early stage of gettin to like you more than friends... if she's unsure a sudden move might scare her away... that's why I say try to spend some more 1 on 1 time with her and kinda read her signs to see how she's feelin. You don't have to make it sound all romantic and make it into a big deal, just when you're with her be like "So what you doin Friday? I was thinkin about goin to see <insert movie> and was wonderin if you wanna come?" Or just call her up and be like "You hungry? I was gonna go get some food and was wonderin if you wanna come with?" and just go out to like a lil sit down place (nothin fancy) and just chill. Just be cool with it!

Quote Originally Posted by wfors
    Hi everyone,

I have started to become friendly with this girl from my last school (were both 18) I fell out with her two years ago after I gave her some slighty bad advice.

Anyway started talking again, and I really am starting to like her more than a friend but I'm not sure firstly if she feels the same and how to express how I feel.

At present we email occasionly and text maybe every second day, and yesterday she said she needed to get away from school and asked me if I wanted to meet up with her for a bit. I took that as a good sign as why would she want to meet with me for only an hour when she has all her boy and girl friends in school?

Anyway I wanted to express how I feel when we met earlier today but she didn't give me an signs and I don't think I really gave her any either.

I have just sent an email thanking her for meeting up and how much I enjoyed it but I don't know what to do ?

I wanted to take the oppertunity at the weekend to she what she thinks of me so I get it straight if she likes me or not. She is seeing her old friend on Sat and Sunday and I really don't know what to do ?

Maybe I should wait until next week and this time be the one to see if she wants to meet up then try and show her some signs - because at the moment any signs I've tried to show have really just ended up looking like friendship ones.

Any advice as to what I should do would be really cool - I will say thank you now and also after if anyone can help,

Thank you for reading I hope I can get some advice off someone
    wfors.

If you don't go for it and show some sort of sign another guy might come along. Trust me girls like to play hard to get and some girls don't like to show there really into a guy until the guy shows it first (at least thats how I am). If you don't do anything about the situation you might go through life wondering "what if". The worst that could happen is you only stay friends. I don't think any girl would stop talking to a friend because they were into them. It may be awkward at first, but you will feel better once you say something.

loved and lost is better than never having loved

best of luck and do tell us how it went

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Thanks mhussain, leeshy12, only virgins and tone for all your advice

I understand now that I have to make more of an effort and just 'go for it' its just finding the right time, I met her today and I emailed saying thanks but still no responce; i hope its just that she hasn't checked yet. Anyway I know she's busy this weekend, maybe wait till Sunday and get chattin on text again then casually say on tuesday or sometime, wanna join me the park for a bit or something like that.

I am quite a sensitive guy, so when I don't get a responce from a girls email straight away I start to worry. I guess people are busy and have lots of other things to do.

Tone Guest
    Yeah just try to not think so heavily on it (I know easier said than done) but try to make it seem as casual as possible, so that both you and her can be more comfortable and avoid any kind of ackwardness. Good luck~