+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship = no social life?

relationship = no social life?

how much spare time in a relationship is allowed? Just my current gf wont let me go on skype to talk with friends, saying I can do it when shes at work and not with me. want all my time to be spent with her.
    is that how it works. relationship = no social life with friends? or is she asking too much? every weekday we sit from after work to we go to bed watching movies and having a nice time together.

just miss my social life, and dont think 30 min away is too much to ask for. or is that how things are in a relationship?

Even by just suggesting it, going away on pc she turns all hostile on me,

age me 27, her 28

This isn't normal, what you have here is a controlling girlfriend. How long have you been together?

Ideally, there is a balance to relationship and friends. If you want to talk to your friends, you talk to your friends. If you want to spend a night with them, then that isn't a problem. If your gf is saying that you should spend all your time with her, you have a problem.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yeah, she's suffocating you. That said, it's sad that you think of skyping as an actual social life. You need to step away from the computer more and live in the world.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Relationship = no social life only if your GF is a retarded piece of shit. In this case, you should spit in her face and abandon her sorry ass.

You need to grow some balls.

No, this is not normal. A healthy relationship imo means that you each have to have your own lives as well as a life together, even (or perhaps especially) if you are married. It sounds to me like you are her crutch for emotional stability and while that gives you a chance to be Captain Save-a-ho (which is very seductive, I'll admit), it doesn't make for a healthy relationship. First off, she will emotionally drain you (I have a feeling she already has to an extent, as obviously her behavior has made your internal dialogue tell you that something isn't right). These types of partners are always emotionally draining and there's no way to get back what was drained other than breaking it off. Second, if you ever have to be away from her for an extended period of time for whatever reason the risk of her cheating on you is very high. She can't handle not having a man in her life and needs a crutch and if you're not there at all times to be her crutch she will find another guy who will.

On top of that, these types of suffocators have an emotional void which drives their suffocating behavior and they expect every partner they hook up with to fill that void. However, since you are human there is simply no way that you can fill that void, and that's when these types of girls might start blaming you for all of their problems. It's probably an incredibly seductive lure for you because she may come to see you as the shining light in her world of darkness. But then she finds out that you CAN'T fill the void inside her, and then she starts blaming you for the void in the first place, thus leading to inevitable shit storm after inevitable shit storm of exactly the kind of melodrama that anyone with a ballsack probably wants to avoid. Yeah, I know it's not your fault that the void is there but that's hard for an emotionally disturbed person to see, as people with these types of problems are seeing the world through a screen of negative emotions that makes things blurry.

No it is not normal for someone to Sufficate you like this. It is healthy to have a social life as well with friends and family. Balance is key

Social lives are pish. I used to have one before I found the interweb, now im as happy as a pig in shit. By the sound of things, the OP should just be happy that hes found a regular ride, because frankly, he sounds like a bit of a prick.
    Last edited by luvcoq; 22-11-12 at 01:54 PM.

You're pish, ya troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Relationship = no social life only if your GF is a retarded piece of shit. In this case, you should spit in her face and abandon her sorry ass.
    Made me laugh out loud, while at work. xDD Thanks, needed that.

its wrong u should not stop having freinds when u have a gf. its not healty.

so tell her no and meet your freinds, if she cant have a normal relationship break up.

cause u can listing to her, but it will be very lonely and sad when u break up and realize that all your freinds are gone , cause u did not value them when u had a gf

The master of disguise returns. So tedious when banned users just comeback without making any effort to change, for shore.

^Speaking of banned, I suspect HeWhoLovestheCoq is banned again,.,

Quote Originally Posted by luvcoq View Post
    The master of disguise returns. So tedious when banned users just comeback without making any effort to change, for shore.
    only a gay can be this stupid and gossip about strangers