+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting back together?

Getting back together?

Hello peeps, first time posting on a forum for relationship advice, so forgive me if I miss out on anything.

There's this girl, relatively new, but she started this whole relationship first. It was really nice and smooth sailing for about 2 months. We talked irl and called nearly daily. I won't go into embarrassing details, but we sweet-talked and I could see we both were enjoying it. Then, quite suddenly in fact, she decided to break up on a Sunday night. She said it was because her parents didn't like it at first, and when i asked her she said it was also partially because she also felt it wasn't working out. I found this odd because just a few days ago everything was fine. I'll also point out that she wasn't online for 2 days before this, so something could've happened maybe? And she's been sick, and under a lot of pressure from things around her, a lot.

Now comes the real point of this whole post. Everything was quiet for a few days, I didn't talk to her nor her to me. I was still going through all of it and discussing it with another female friend. After that I asked her about it, and now we're talking on normal terms, as normal friends, or closer friends to be more precise, would. Then something came along yesterday. She has a concert on Dec 7, and I asked her whether I should still come for it considering we were no longer in a relationship. So she said something along the lines of this, I don't have the exact words but it's close. Even though we're no longer asdfghjk (i assume it means together), it doesn't mean that you're not one of my best friends . So yeah, come. Does this mean anything? Like, maybe after a while could we get back together again? Or does this signal the end and burying of any chance of a relationship.

I just want the honest truth out of you guys, don't sugarcoat it, please. Thanks for your time in replying to my small plea for help.

Quote Originally Posted by InvictaPwns View Post
    Or does this signal the end and burying of any chance of a relationship.
    Yeah....shes not interested in dating you any longer. When someone says theyre done....just respect that and move on.

Just be nice to her but bury the emotional attachment. Maybe she has hot friends?
    Last edited by surfhb; 22-11-12 at 04:07 PM.

Hmmm, aite then. thnx for it anyways.

once you brek up u need to move on. otherwise u are forcing something that u know doesnt work