+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 60 day he-tox

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

60 day he-tox

I started it before, but got sucked back in with text messages. So this is day 1. Supposedly, with no contact, I should be over this in 60 days.

I went to the gym (yuck), told a man there he had lovely arms (he did!), but I don't actually want to talk to men, so when he tried to continue conversing, I put my my iPod earbuds in. This afternoon, I am going to make stuffed shells for my daughter, and tonight, I am going to try something new: target shooting. I am mostly doing this to shock my sisters, as I really hate guns, and I am scared of people who love them. BUT, I am planning to picture the object of my misplaced affection in the center of the target, which should be therapeutic.

I haven't cried today, at least not yet.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    >:-(

fukker.

He texted me right after I posted this thread.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Good luck with that.

As to guns:

They're not worthy of your hate - They're just objects. Hate instead the people that misuse them. Good on you for learning to use them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Good luck with that.

As to guns:

They're not worthy of your hate - They're just objects. Hate instead the people that misuse them. Good on you for learning to use them.
    I don't intend to own one. They let you rent them by the hour at the shooting range. lol

sadie_genie Guest
    What happened?

Never said anything about owning one - just learning to use one. A gun is a tool. You may not ever NEED to know how to use a table saw or compound slide/miter saw, but if the need arises you're set.

Can I suggest you also take a gun safety course? If you're at all interested, here are a couple of good resources for finding them:

http://www.nssf.org/
    http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

And... because I'm pendantic, here are some basic safety rules (part of what you'll get in classes) that are good for you to know:

1. Treat every firearm as if it was loaded.
    2. Do not point your firearm at anything you don't want to destroy.
    3. Do not put your finger into the trigger housing until you are ready to pull the trigger.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

Guns are real popular here...I'm planning on getting my hand gun license

Once you pull the trigger a few times, it may get addicting.

Vashti: Why don't you block him. There's a telephone app for that.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I haven't cried today, at least not yet.
    oh no. this sounds serious

guns are fun. i was just showing my son how to properly use one today (not a real one, just at the carnival range)
    but i wouldn't keep one at home and i dont like how it is too freely available in some places

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    >:-(

fukker.

He texted me right after I posted this thread.
    Delete it. You'll feel great.

"hello, hello baby you called, I can't hear a thing... I ain't go no service in the club..."

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The sixth stage of grief (not mentioned in the book) is "indifference" When you get to that stage is when you'll feel your best. It's hard to get to the stage of indifference when they keep infusing themselves in your thoughts. JMO.

I would seriously like to do a gun-range shoot, it sounds like fun actually. I'd not focus on the target as being him though, that's just keeping him engrained in your thoughts but just in a negative way. The goal is indifference.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Vashti: Why don't you block him. There's a telephone app for that.
    He's got quite an ego, so he'll leave me alone if I can just quit responding. I don't want to be unable to reach him entirely, though. He is the only person I have who will help me with my daughter in the event of a medical emergency, which is not a matter of me being dramatic. She has a chronic medical condition, and once in a blue moon, it just gets to be too scary to handle alone.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    oh no. this sounds serious
    It was, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The goal is indifference.
    First I have to get through the other 5 stages. I am mostly stuck between anger and depression.
    Last edited by vashti; 30-11-12 at 07:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    What happened?
    I fell for a man who is no good for me, been seeing him for the last 1.5+ years. He cares for me, but it's not proportional, and I am getting too old to waste any more time.
    Last edited by vashti; 30-11-12 at 07:45 AM.

I don't want to be unable to reach him entirely, though. He is the only person I have who will help me with my daughter in the event of a medical emergency, which is not a matter of me being dramatic. She has a chronic medical condition, and once in a blue moon, it just gets to be too scary to handle alone.
    sounds like you're trapped ? there's gotta be another way ...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    sounds like you're trapped ? there's gotta be another way ...
    I've been looking for a job in Northern California where my sister lives, so I will have family close by, but it's a tough market, and I am not sure moving far away from UCLA and my kid's neuro team is a great log-term plan. So, in a way, I guess I AM trapped.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast