+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hard crush on co-worker (I'm 19, blue-collar)

Hard crush on co-worker (I'm 19, blue-collar)

i work at a small business and for about a year this cashier has been working there. shes 18 and im 19 and i
    always had somewhat of a crush for her. we work at a local meat store im a dishwasher and shes a cashier.

over the past couple of weeks its been getting stronger and ive been thinking of her more and i dont know
    what to do. everytime i try to hangout for example she would agree and somehow cancel plans, once she
    said she was sick but later on that night she had a bunch of friends over.

she keeps on telling me that she does this with everyone and even said to ask her friends so im not sure lol.

i should also add that back in june when i first tried hanging out with her over text i tried to make it a date
    which wasnt the smartest move but we never brought that up, at the time she said as friends though.

(extra story) on friday i called her to play xbox with me and my friends and she said shed do it sunday, half
    an hour before she said shed show up she canceled plans saying a family member died. i thought she was
    lying so i (nicely and with no cussing) explained how this was annoying me and how she might be lying
    on monday she was quiet and didnt really talk to me until after work, i tried talking to her up front and she burst out crying and ran out, after work we talked about it and were fine but she might still be hurt by
    that.

(question) i dont know what to do, shes cool around me at work but since i dont act very open she dosent
    act as open as she does around some of the other co-workers. i just dont know what to do or say because
    someday if
    everything works i want to either be her friend or (better yet) her boyfriend.

p.s. i said "blue collar" in the title because were young, and this wont affect our careers if ANYTHING bad
    happens.

If you have a love for her than give it to her - in order to have a friend you have to be a friend. If you wanna be a boyfriend than do what boyfriends do. Sounds like shes going thought hard times now and you can help her feel happy.

everythings changed now, i dont feel anything anymore for her i lost that job.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetalkid View Post
    everytime i try to hangout for example she would agree and somehow cancel plans, once she
    said she was sick but later on that night she had a bunch of friends over.
    Take a hint.

she keeps on telling me that she does this with everyone and even said to ask her friends so im not sure lol.
    Do you even know any of her friends? And if so, what makes you think her friends wouldn't lie for her?

i should also add that back in june when i first tried hanging out with her over text i tried to make it a date
    which wasnt the smartest move but we never brought that up, at the time she said as friends though.
    Again, take a hint.

(extra story) on friday i called her to play xbox with me and my friends and she said shed do it sunday, half
    an hour before she said shed show up she canceled plans saying a family member died. i thought she was
    lying so i (nicely and with no cussing) explained how this was annoying me and how she might be lying
    on monday she was quiet and didnt really talk to me until after work, i tried talking to her up front and she burst out crying and ran out, after work we talked about it and were fine but she might still be hurt by
    that.
    Either way, that was a fatal ****-up. If she was telling the truth, you just told her that you distrust her, and if she was lying, she now knows that you suspect, and will probably leave her alone now - which is what it appears that she wants you to do.

(question) i dont know what to do, shes cool around me at work but since i dont act very open she dosent
    act as open as she does around some of the other co-workers.
    It's not because you don't act open, it's because she feels threatened when you're around. She's not interested.

i just dont know what to do or say because
    someday if
    everything works i want to either be her friend or (better yet) her boyfriend.
    Ain't gonna happen. Sorry dude.