+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Built In Slut Meter

Built In Slut Meter

So yeah, me and my bro were talking a month ago about chicks having a built in slut meter and I was wondering if this was true. I also mentioned something about this in another post which encouraged me to make this topic.

I am wondering if all you chicks out there feel that you have a built in slut meter. Basically since you were raised from birth you have been battered by society of what you can and cannot do and how you should do certain things in fear of being labeled a slut, whore, hoe, (list goes on). I know in your teen years chicks are pummeled with constant nags about how you shouldn't be a slut.

So the question at hand is, do you feel or agree that you have a built in slut meter? Do you feel that if you do something society has branded slutty that you are automatically devalued or you are viewed as something less by society? I see why girls would care for that considering they are social creatures and they care more about reputation/social standing and all of that drama meaningless crap compared to guys.

By slut meter I mean a little meter in your head in which you constantly think or radar yourself (and surrounding females) in protection from acting, dressing, or being slutty as to protect yourself from society being negative towards you.

We all know even a classy chick who was horny wouldn't **** some random guy she has never met, even though she has absolutely nothing to lose and only everything to gain from the situation (assuming he had no STDs etc..) and a guy obviously would jump at the opportunity. At least most guys.

It doesn't matter what women think. Even if they're jiggy with their own promiscuous selves.. Tooo many men don't put the same value on a woman who is not discerning in who she beds.

You say she has "absolutely nothing to lose" well, you're quite wrong there. As long as the double standard exists, she has something to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Tooo many men don't put the same value on a woman who is not discerning in who she beds.
    So you are saying that it is the men who make women this way because they place values on women based upon who the woman sleeps with or how willing she is to put out etc...?

So in other words this slut meter, should actually be called a value meter because men make women feel like they have more worth and value if they are hard to get and keep there legs closed?

No, men do not make women feel that way. They consider women that way. So if anyone has a built-in "slut meter", it's men, not women.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnonymousMan View Post
    So you are saying that it is the men who make women this way because they place values on women based upon who the woman sleeps with or how willing she is to put out etc...?
    No. I'm saying that too many men have two categories of women. The ones that are not relationship material (because they are promiscuous and good for FB/one night stands/FWB/Angry ****s) and those who are relationship material (because they are discerning and don't have a high number of previous partners and are discerning about who they will bed)

So in other words this slut meter, should actually be called a value meter because men make women feel like they have more worth and value if they are hard to get and keep there legs closed?
    You can call it what you want. :0) However; Men don't MAKE women feel that way, many men THINK that way and so it brings down her value as "relationship material."

I don't make this stuff up.

I'll add that we've had so many boys/men start threads in here and have been freaked out by their current partners "number" that even though they say they love her, are asking if they should break up because her past sexual partner number is higher then their own. Or: From men who have thought geeze, if she screwed me without even knowing me, just how many men has she done this with? Or; even members here telling other men to keep her for a screw until you find someone worth being with (not verbatim but the jist is the same) or even having them for casual sex to supplement a potential partner that's not yet ready to start having sex with them. Yes, It's men that perpetuate the label.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-11-12 at 10:40 PM.

Oh okay. So men categorize women into two fields. So basically you are saying that since men categorize, women take that a step further and react upon it by either being prude or slutty. Just like how men, in a sense, will fake being a bad boy or having tons of cash to bed certain women. IMO all of this is ****ing stupid. In theory, I could date a girl tomorrow who I categorize as "Relationship Material" because she didn't make my "Slut" list and come to find out she faked acting that way and she is really a freak and starts sleeping around on me. Or are all women really freaks, it is just the weak willed ones who fake being prudes to find a good man.

I don't think women decide whether to be prude or slutty based on what men may think of them... most of us just do what we feel like doing.

For example, I love sex, but I wouldn't want to have sex with any stranger. Reasons: risk of STDs, lack of emotional bonding, lack of trust in his regards... soo many things come before "oh, but then people might consider me slutty".

Oh okay. So men categorize women into two fields. So basically you are saying that since men categorize, women take that a step further and react upon it by either being prude or slutty. Just like how men, in a sense, will fake being a bad boy or having tons of cash to bed certain women. IMO all of this is ****ing stupid. In theory, I could date a girl tomorrow who I categorize as "Relationship Material" because she didn't make my "Slut" list and come to find out she faked acting that way and she is really a freak and starts sleeping around on me. Or are all women really freaks, it is just the weak willed ones who fake being prudes to find a good man.
    Why must you insist on using extremes? I did not imply "prude" but rather "descerning." As for the rest.. I don't know anything about men who pretend to be bad boys or women who "pretend" to not be promiscuous. People's real selves come out eventually... another good reason to be discerning.

sadie_genie Guest
    I am constantly told by my virgin guy friends that I am dating/associating with too many guys. They really need to shut up. I have only a few guy in my life time and have an equal number of male and female friends. They think a "proper girl" should have all female friends and never dated a guy or had any sexual contact. The slut meter is usually more apparant in virgin guys with low experience with girls.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    The slut meter is usually more apparant in virgin guys with low experience with girls.
    Sooo true. It's because they feel insecure about not being up to it, with a woman who can compare them to other partners she's had.

The OP is a virgin or inexperienced

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    The OP is a virgin or inexperienced
    I am a writer thank you and I study psychology from an evolutionary standpoint. I think I am entitled to gather other peoples theories and opinions without being labeled a virgin or inexperienced which are both drastic claims considering the only thing you know about me is text on a forum. Grow up.

I am a writer thank you and I study psychology from an evolutionary standpoint. I think I am entitled to gather other peoples theories and opinions without being labeled a virgin or inexperienced which are both drastic claims considering the only thing you know about me is text on a forum. Grow up.
    Confirmed.

I never gave a rat's ass what anyone said....I ****ed there for I am, so f uck you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I never gave a rat's ass what anyone said....I ****ed there for I am, so f uck you.
    Confirmed slut.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast