+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This guy keeps pursuing me

This guy keeps pursuing me

There's this guy. He's in some of my classes in college. I afraid he's about to ask me out. One day he waved at me in a childish manner with a huge smile on his face, from the distance in a crowded hallway, and insisted I wave back acting like we were best friends. I don't see him that often because we don't attend that often but when I do see him he openly flirts with me in front of my friends and seems to use reversed psychology, saying "doesn't she look happy to see me" One day I was talking to a girl I know, and as he walked by he said "I'll just borrow her there"

I try to treat him like a friend because I know if I get cross he'll love it & may use it as an excuse to express how he feels. I would prefer if we both kept our feelings bottled up because I think would win an argument with me, as I wouldn't be able to find an excuse not to date him.

The other day he waited for me outside the lecture for me. We got talking and I ended up studying next to him for nearly two hours. I lost complete track of time. He said he was going to get something to eat and asked if I'd like to join him. I said I've more work to do. He then realised I hadn't eaten or drank since morning and I said "don't worry I'll be fine". He said "I'll be back in a sec" and came back holding two coffees. I acted surprised and said "you can't be bringing me coffee". He then looked right into my eyes and said, "Stephanie, its just a coffee". It worked and I foolishly drank the coffee. It annoyed me!

He's not that needy but once or twice in class or in the library I felt a pat on my shoulder and you'd look around and there he'd be with his big wave walking by. He has lately started to touch me a bit too. He's closing in, attaching strings in whatever way he can, and I don't know how to say "no". Help?

What do you mean, you don't know how to say "no"? Just tell him that you aren't interested in dating him, he'll back off if he's a decent guy.