+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Her Birthday

Her Birthday

Alright, so I'm a little predicament here and I need some advice, of sorts anyway.

So we'll skip the beginning but to keep you on-track, I'll enlighten you a little. So, whilst I was dating my now ex, I met a friend of hers, at first I didn't really notice her too much (obviously overly-obsessed about the girl I was dating). Anyway, a month or two after we broke up, I started talking to this friend and I think it's safe enough to say that I somewhat have feelings for her, strange.

Anyway, now you know, her birthday is coming up and she knows that I like her, kind of, at least she has some idea. However, I've never actually told her myself and I feel that I won't know if she does too, unless I do? So with her birthday coming up, I went all out and wrote her a poem and obviously I can't just hand her that so I was thinking of getting her some flowers to go with it.

Would it be a little awkward / uncomfortable for her if I was to do so? I mean, we talk every day without a doubt, morning until night, but I'm not quite sure if she feels the same way I do or if she's just too kind to say otherwise.

Hmm.

Sincereblush, if it were me, I'd prefer that you ask me out for a birthday drink and bring flowers. I wouldn't want a poem though - I get uncomfortable with that type of thing.

Post the poem bro and let us see if it's a good idea. Ignore basil, she's a man-hater.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Sincereblush, if it were me, I'd prefer that you ask me out for a birthday drink and bring flowers. I wouldn't want a poem though - I get uncomfortable with that type of thing.
    Hmm, the thing is like we spend a lot of time together already and if I were to ask her out for a drink, it wouldn't really be something new at all. I appreciate your input however, I guess people are just different.

f she and u are single . just do it. u will not know if u dont try.