+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is to much? (texting)

what is to much? (texting)

hey girls,
    My ex and I have had a conversation over texting finally, a short one just checking in on how both of us were doing. I'm still in love with her, and it feels like she has feelings for me still. I want to be able to talk to her again, but the only way we communicate is over phone because of uncomfortableness with her. We had our conversation last night, when do you think a good time would be to try to start another conversation without overwhelming her? I've messed this relationship up way to many times and overwhelming her with us constantly talking is the last think i would like to do.
    Thank you!

It's hard to say without having more background information. But I think you should find out where she is emotionally sooner rather than later. You're already emotionally invested and the more you communicate will probably just cause you to get even further in. You don't want to overwhelm her but you have to also make you desires and feelings known.
    She will either reciprocate or she won't but at least you know where you can so you can move on if you have to do so.

Having said that though, if you want things to work then you have got to commit to changing. Not changing for the moment just to win her back but sincerely working on yourself so that you don't end up repeating the mistakes you've made in the past. If you've messed up frequently then she probably has trust issues. You'll have to work to gain
    her trust and that will take time. Be patient if she opens the door and think about the things you do before you do them. Hopefully doing that will yield the results you desire.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Applehead777 View Post
    It's hard to say without having more background information. But I think you should find out where she is emotionally sooner rather than later. You're already emotionally invested and the more you communicate will probably just cause you to get even further in. You don't want to overwhelm her but you have to also make you desires and feelings known.
    She will either reciprocate or she won't but at least you know where you can so you can move on if you have to do so.

Having said that though, if you want things to work then you have got to commit to changing. Not changing for the moment just to win her back but sincerely working on yourself so that you don't end up repeating the mistakes you've made in the past. If you've messed up frequently then she probably has trust issues. You'll have to work to gain
    her trust and that will take time. Be patient if she opens the door and think about the things you do before you do them. Hopefully doing that will yield the results you desire.

Good Luck!
    Thank you!

This isn't the first time that we have texted eachother before, we have and it ended quickly because of my emotions flaring about her. She specifically broke up with me because i relied on her for my happiness, she is teaching me a lesson on how to go on with myself and i completely understand now. I didn't back then when i texted her with all my emotions. I don't want to come off desperate, I assume that if i were to try to text her she would think it was plea to get things back to normal. I know it takes time, I just need to make sure i don't ruin it again.

You sound young. Getting that you can't rely on others for your happiness is half the battle. Continue working on yourself and doing things that will make you fulfilled in life and
    she'll see that over time if she's in your life. Then her past reservations might fade... it's hard to say because you never can predict someone else's reaction.

The most important thing is to not put all your eggs in one basket. I know it's hard but try not to get your hopes up too high. If you do then you'll just be headed for heartbreak. Also, try not to be overly focused on not ruining things. Just concentrate on doing the right thing and hope for the best.

Like Applehead said, you're young (sort of similar to myself) so I'm guessing that I can relate. I've had the same problem you have in the last five days alone and I must admit it's pretty crap, but she has a point. You can't rely on others to make you happy. Sure, relationships can change us for the better and occasionally for the worse although it's up to us who we are and who we become.

Don't over-concentrate on having a conversation or expecting a reply or even as again, like Apple said, don't get your hopes up. Sometimes, we just like to hear how each other are doing because we still share some feelings and maybe we don't specifically want to get back together, so if you're looking to be friends more than anything else then just take it slow. Also, don't bring up the past too much, especially what you shared. This will just bring awkwardness to the conversation and yeah.