+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to show GF i do care about her alot?

How to show GF i do care about her alot?

Hi,

I just recently got into a relationship, and its all been new for me because ive never had a GF before. She said to me you dont show how much i mean to you when you call me or whatever. She goes its little things like that that make me think you dont care. I really like this girl and she means the world to me, i dont want my lack of experiance to ruin it for her. Shes been in a relationship before, so she knows what she wants, but i dont know what to say or do. Can someone please help me to show i love her. Make her feel really special.

Ah, it's not that simple. An expression of love may look one way to one person and different to another.

I suggest you look into the "Five Languages of Love". There is a book, but you can get info by just Googling the expression. Basically, there are 5 different ways people interpret love. They are Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. If you really want to show your girlfriend how you feel, first figure out which category she belongs to.

As for how to find out, you could make it fun and do the quiz below when you're together. (She will also learn what YOU need)http://blairdanz.com/userfiles/1338188/file/Forms%203-16-11/2_11LoveLanguageTest.pdf

Or, you could just discuss the theory with her and find out what she thinks. But most of all, she will have to guide you because no one thing works for all.

Lastly, beware if she says that you have to figure it out on your own. It's really important to help our partners to understand us - love is not a guessing game.