+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys, will he come back? long story!

I did give everything up for him, and he knows that. And I am being a little blind, aren't I? :/

Where it stands you both have different expectations. You want to make sure this relationship will go to the next level of commitment, and all he wanted was a GF.

I understand that, and I tried to tell him that, but he refuses to talk about it at the moment. Looking back at this, I realized I'm not ready for the next level of commitment either. I guess I was just horrified of losing him again, so I pushed it, but that's what pushed him away. It's something I really need to change about myself, I suppose.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There you are, making excuses for him and denying what you want b/c you are afraid to 'lose' him.

Good luck. This way of going about things will not lead to longterm happiness. For either of you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There you are, making excuses for him and denying what you want b/c you are afraid to 'lose' him.

Good luck. This way of going about things will not lead to longterm happiness. For either of you.
    I feel like that is what I want, but I also feel like I'm a little too naive to the topic to know that's for sure what I want. If that makes sense. I agree continuing to act that way will not make either of us happy, but he just needs to realize that.

You said you were very young when you started dating, which means that you are now very young plus 14 months. Still young...

My point is, you have a life to live. Move on! It is not time to choose your lifetime partner yet. If the two of you were meant to be, then maybe your paths will cross again in the future. For now, explore what life has to offer.

I don't believe in on and off relationships, which seems likely to be what you will have. It should be permanently either one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by imadesklamp View Post
    I did give everything up for him, and he knows that. And I am being a little blind, aren't I? :/
    Yes, but don't beat yourself up about it. I did the same thing with my ex and even after leaving me for a second time I was still sending her emails and asking to get back together. Pathetic, eh? Love makes people do strange things, but you do have to save your own dignity at some point. You are probably a wonderful woman and if this guy can't see that, then he's not worth your time.
    — "Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying." ~Baba Ram Dass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12