+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do I feel so insecure?!?!

Why do I feel so insecure?!?!

Hey everyone! I've been with my girlfriend for over a month now and I can't stop loving her whenever I'm with or without her. She's always the one who brightens my day but sometimes I just can't help the feeling of being insecure. I'm not sure if this is a normal feeling that one gets when they engage in a relationship but I'm positive I'm going through it right now. I know she would never cheat on me or flirt with other guys but the thought of her doing that to me is overwhelming and sometimes blinds my mind from everything else. I know most people would just advise me to trust her more in order to let this feeling subside but the problem is I overthink too much. It's as if I'm already planning for our downfall already since most first relationships never tend to last an entire lifetime. I'm so disoriented from this feeling and everytime I try to forget about it, it somehow manages to resurface at random moments.

I would never do anything to harm her and I know for sure I would never break up with her but this insecurity is something always lurking at the back of my mind. Before I was in this relationship, I didn't care if this girl was talking to other guys, but after we got together, my jealousy has reached a new level. Whenever I see her with other guys, my overthinking dominates and forces me to feel as if I have been betrayed by her. It's not like me to think like this, it's not like me to think like this at all.

have u ever said sorry to urself? u cannot get over the feeling of insecurity by trusting ur girlfriend more simply because it has nothing to do with anybody except you.

trust urself and start doing it now ... remember it has nothing to with anybody exceot you . people will do what they want to do and there is nothing you can do about it. but remember that their actions are not a judgment on ur character.

trust urself .... and never lie to urself

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I really feel the advice you're giving me and now that you've said it directly, I've come to realize that I don't trust myself at all. Maybe it is true that I'm doubting myself too much. Life goes on whether one likes it or not and if something horrible happens in life, it happens. Shit happens. There's nothing I can do to stop it, and there's no point in sulking about it, about something so far in the future. I've got to learn to cope with the actions of other people and understand myself more than anyone else before I make these judgments.

Thanks a lot. I feel much better now and everything I just posted before is out the window.

al afw (ur welcome in arabic)

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past