+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What the hell does he want?! Friends or more?

What the hell does he want?! Friends or more?

I am very confused, as the title of my post indicates. I've been hanging out with this guy that I like for like 1.5-2 months and I'm still unclear as to what we are. It feels very strange because I can usually pick up on the situation pretty well and I have had male friends where it didn't feel confusing like this. He behaves like he is interested in being more than friends by doing certain things like: sending me random e-mails a couple of times a week, and also texts. We see each other every week usually. He also offers to pay for my food/drinks when we do go out. He has "Asked me out" i think, to a movie once and another time to his friends birthday dinner where everyone there was paired up with a date and it was assumed I was his. When we hang out he's always talking about how we should go to this restaurant, and do this and this... But then nothing happens in terms of physical intimacy. He's really shy, and I am as well but to me it seems that if he was interested in more than friends something physical would have happened by now.

It just feels like either he doesn't know what he wants, or I'm just misinterpreting things and he just wants to be friends. I forgot to mention that he got out of a relationship in July (but that's 6 months ago, it's been a while).

What do you all think? Maybe he's just playing with me intentionally. Is there something I can do that will test him? Would asking him what the deal is be a bad idea?

Thanks!

Give it more time, like a month or 2. He is probably trying to build a friendship with you before he takes it to the next level.

I'm actually not opposed to the idea of building a friendship with him first, it's just odd and out of the ordinary i guess....if i knew his intentions things would be easier.but he's hard to read.

why not quit bitching to us and kiss him and see what happens.