+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Too many chances

Im 35, she's 29. We are both professional people, earning good salaries, in jobs which require intelligence and common sense. I do know her, and myself well enough to know that we'd both make the right decision for both of us, especially now that things have calmed down and we can at least talk again. She has friends around her who will support her and make sure she's doing the right thing. I have no doubt that during the last week between me sending the letter, and her talking to me today, that she will have discussed what to do over and over again.

During a conversation I had recently I was told of somenes brother who had split with his wife, and she filed for divorce. the situation got messy, really messy. He was put on a restraining order, and not aloud to go near her.... 3 months later the restraining order was lifted, the divorce proceeding halted and they were back together and have been happy ever since. That was over 9 years ago.

I understand that you are making your judgements based on what I have told you, but I can assure you that there are other factors involved outside of whats happened over the last few months which would put the situation in a different light.

It will be ok.

(post removed, double post)
    Last edited by spartacus; 02-07-05 at 03:48 AM.

Had a very enjoyable night, cleared up a lot of issues and misunderstandings, and will be seeing each other next week. SHE was actually concerened about some of the fears Id been having about her.... She was glad we met up, and Im glad I didnt walk away.

Never say never.

Tone Guest
    Never know what tomorrow will bring.

hey your lucky... maybe your getting what most of us here wish for... a second chance.. just take it slowly and dont scare her off!!!

I've learnt some lessons. We had lunch on her birthday last week and later that day she rang me to ask if i wanted to go to her house. Had a long chat before I left to go home.

Have just spent today together also, and shes really keen to give things another go. Amazing considering how things ended but we both understand a lot of other thigs were going on in the background. We've even joked about some of the things that happened, although at the time it didnt seem very funny at all, for either of us.

Anyway... we've talked about moving in together and going on holiday later this year, although we are not rushing things just yet.

I'm very lucky, I'd say. But it just shows you no matter how bad things get it can still work out in the end. If it ever happens again I'll certainly recognise that "no contact" is the way to go no matter how hard it is. If its meant to be then things will work out on their own.

Okay, I'm going to wish you luck here, as I always do and hope that it turns out happily.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567