+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why doesnt he make more effort to contact me??

Why doesnt he make more effort to contact me??

Me and this guy have been seeing each other for two and a half months. We live long distance but still get to see each other at least once a week or once every two weeks. Last two times he has come down and stayed at my place. We have gone out for dinner, movies, small road trip etc. We did go on a couple of dates before we had sleep overs... yes we are sleeping with each other. We are both in our mid twenties and I can tell he is serious about me. He is very sweet, polite, considerate and treats me very well and pays for most things. His last relationship was a few years ago and only lasted a number of months. Generally when it comes to texting or calling I am the one who initiates most of the time however. We can go two sometimes three days without speaking sometimes. I'm wondering if this is normal? Why doesn't he make more effort in this way. He always replies and answers when I do text or call.

After we have had a weekend together or date he messages me to say he got home safe and that he had a good time and cant wait to see me again.

Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    After we have had a weekend together or date he messages me to say he got home safe and that he had a good time and cant wait to see me again.
    So WHAT is your problem. He clearly cares but some people (me included) don't really like trying to communicate by text or phone - we prefer face to face.

Well things are great when we are together. He is sweet caring and attentive but when we are apart which is on average two weeks we only talk over text every 3 days and that is usually because I send him a message. I guess especially seeing as now we have been seeing each other a couple of months now he would be contacting me more often either a quick call or text to see how my day was going. He is quite busy with work but usually every guy ive dated in the past will check in every day or every second day.

Why don't you tell him that it would be nice if he would phone you more often between hook ups?

Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    He is quite busy with work but usually every guy ive dated in the past will check in every day or every second day.
    First, don't compare him to every guy you've dated in the past. That's not healthy, and he certainly won't like that. Second, I agree with Wakeup, why don't you simply mention it to him the next time you two see eachother face-to-face, that you prefer to have more contact more often in your relationship. Tell him why (is it because you like the security of knowing how that person is doing, you like to feel more connected to your partner? etc), and ask if there is any way the two of you can make a compromised solution that works for the both of you.

Relationships thrive on Communication, Compromise, and Trust/Loyalty. You need to do the first in order to reach the second. communicate with him and find out what he's willing to do in turn.