+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't my boyfriend let me contribute? and spending christmas at my boyfriends

Why won't my boyfriend let me contribute? and spending christmas at my boyfriends

Hi all first post here, so please go easy

I'm from the UK, live in Manchester (Same town as my boyfriend) and I was working in Cardiff (About 175 miles away) because of all the rain the trains have been really delayed and so because of the train delays yesterday in Cardiff, He drove all the way from Manchester to pick me up, I thought that was really sweet, but he wouldn't let me pay for any petrol (It cost him �120 in fuel) and when we stopped on the services he bought me a Burger King, He refused to take any money off me and just gave me a hug and a kiss saying he doesn't want any money off me he wanted to come pick me up.

What can I do to say thank you? He won't take anything off me, He refuses too.

I'm also spending christmas at my boyfriends, We are both 26, I've never spent two weeks with him, He works on the railways and I am a Planner for a call centre company, So we spend our days off together. My friend told me not to take a suitecase and to go home each day and get things as it would be too forward for me too. But I don't want to have to go back though, Is she right or am I right? Im really nervous he is going to see me for more than a few days, see all my bad habbits, I'm just really nervous, He isn't keen on Chicken, I love it, so for christmas drinner we are having chicken because he wants to make me happy, I feel like I am taking, I contribute, don't get me wrong but he is doing every thing the way I like, I just feel rottern, Should I take some wine or things he likes round?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The first part (about him not accepting money) is sweet. You offered, and he declined, so let it go. Some people get a lot of pleasure from doing nice things for others, and don't care to feel like a hired hand when they are trying to be generous and kind. The way to express your appreciation is to do something kind/thoughtful for him. Just don't let him watch you pay for it. If he objects, tell him it gives you pleasure to do something nice for him.

Regarding the second part - why are you staying for two weeks if you aren't comfortable with that arrangement? It seems like a lot to go from no sleepovers straight to 2 weeks of it. I would stay a night or two, and then go home. (And yes, of course you should bring something to X-mas dinner. It's rude to show up empty-handed.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Regarding the second part - why are you staying for two weeks if you aren't comfortable with that arrangement? It seems like a lot to go from no sleepovers straight to 2 weeks of it. I would stay a night or two, and then go home. (And yes, of course you should bring something to X-mas dinner. It's rude to show up empty-handed.)
    I am comfortable, I'm just really really nervous it'll be the first time we have spent significant time together. I'm just scared he will think I'm rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel_ View Post
    I am comfortable, I'm just really really nervous it'll be the first time we have spent significant time together. I'm just scared he will think I'm rubbish
    Nothing we can do to help you with that. Just give him plenty of kinky sex and I'm sure it'll go fine.

Kinky sex? what like?

The last few days went really really well, Especially christmas, I got spoilt rottern, I couldnt afford much but he was happy I just spent christmas day with him.