+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ex bf says he still loves me...how do I tell him I want to get back together?

ex bf says he still loves me...how do I tell him I want to get back together?

So he messages me after a year with no contact. He says he never wanted us to be how we are today and that he was suffering from a period of depression..which is true, he's been diagnosed. He says he's better now and would love to start talking to me again because he truly loves me.*He broke up with me by literally just ignoring me and i was left an emotional wreck for awhile. We were about 2 hours away for the semester at different colleges.
    I asked if he wanted to meet for dinner and he said yes absolutely.at dinner, I expected us to talk deeply about you know the breakup but it was a lot of surface talking about school, etc..we're both in college. We left without really discussing anything.he looked so nervous*Now I want to meet him again and tell him that I love him too still. And also that I'm not comfortable being just his friend...I either want to be in a relationship with him or not talk to him at all.if he doesn't want me romantically then I need to move on

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How would things be different now? Ask him to be explicit. What has he learned?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Tell him exactly what you said here. That you still have feelings for him but you want more than a friendship. Ask him to meet you and ask him what exactly he wants from the relationship and explain what you want. If he says he just wants to be friends then tell him you want to work on being boyfriend/girlfriend again and you can't be just friends with him. If he doesn't agree, you will have your answer.

I really don't know how to go about asking him....like I don't want to seem too pushy but I really really do want to know so that I can move on with my life

Would it be strange if i ask him to hang out with me on new years?

Quote Originally Posted by findingmyway View Post
    Would it be strange if i ask him to hang out with me on new years?
    It would be weird if you haven't made your intentions known. Honestly, if the two of you can't even have a discussion about trying again, then the relationship is doomed anyway. Ease of communication is the base of all good relationships.

Thanks a lot!!!
    I am agree with your reviews...
    Thanks for sharing...