+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I do this? Is this too creepy?

How should I do this? Is this too creepy?

So, today some girl came into my work today that I thought was good looking. As soon as she walked in we shared eye contact, and she than she started the conversation with me , not once but twice. But, my typical self my shyness kicked it, and I became at a lost of words and totally made myself look like a fool I think. She came in a friend of hers that I have on Facebook that I have never even talked too, but she added me. And her profile picture has then both in it, so I found out who she was. I was thinking about adding her on Facebook, and including a message to go a long with it, I wouldn't know what to say though. Do you think that's a good idea, or too creepy?

God I must be old. I can't imagine having a Facebook friend who I don't know.

Sorry, no useful advice from this old lady.

Honestly, it's a little creepy.

I can't tell you she would be creeped out by it for sure, but if you want my opinion, I wouldn't do it. Maybe if you knew her friend a little better, but you don't and that makes it weird.

Can you elaborate on where you work and why she came in? Perhaps she'll come back with her friend again?

So did you send an invite to the friend on FB and then she added you? And after that you never said a word to her? And a girl shows you interest and you can't even have a conversation with her? Dude you are a f uckin mess. No girl is going to fall into your lap by friending her on FB.....that is just lame. Stop hiding behind text messages and fb. You can't win if you don't have confidence. There is no way around it. YOU have to be able to have a free flowing conversation with girls in order to get to know them, to ask for their number so you can ask them out on a date. No if and or butts.....grow a set.

Obviously, I know it would be a bit creepy. But, if you don't try you never know. Her friend added me, I didn't added her. I just don't ever remember talking to her before so that's why I didn't know. Also, I know I have a grow a set. This stupid shyness has been ruining my life for too long, I have to overcome it. I'm not a bad looking guy by any means, haha.

Well if you are not a bad looking guy then just asking them for their number won't horrify them. BUT being all weird and awkward will.

I work at a resturant, and I do see her friend come in often, but she told me she was just back for the hoildays from school so I doubt I'll see her again anytime soon. She was cute too, darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by chailli View Post
    Obviously, I know it would be a bit creepy. But, if you don't try you never know. Her friend added me, I didn't added her. I just don't ever remember talking to her before so that's why I didn't know. Also, I know I have a grow a set. This stupid shyness has been ruining my life for too long, I have to overcome it. I'm not a bad looking guy by any means, haha.
    Join a drama club or get a job in sales or volunteer where you'll need to be talking to people often. That is the only way you're going to START to get over your shyness. You have to work through it no matter how uncomfortable you are at first. Once you get used to it then it will no longer be uncomfortable. It's just like the first day at a new school or anything like that... after a frew days, you're fine with everything.

I say don't friend her on facebook only because you'll use it as a crutch to hide behind instead of working on getting the confidence to ask her or, anyone else for that matter, out in real life. Working in a restaurant is good if you're a server.. if you work behind the scenes then it's not going to give you practice with talking to women and people in general so that you're comfortable with it.