+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To Analyze or Shut Out?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

To Analyze or Shut Out?

Summary for the lazy: Basically I used to deal with my troubled emotions by analyzing them over and over on the walks I used to take.

Now I don't feel like being bothered to analyze feelings that I feel like I've already dealt with before so I just shut them out.

They both end with the same result, me feeling better. Except the second is quicker.

Has anybody dealt with their emotions similarly? And if you have did shutting our your emotions have any kind of long term effects on your mentality?

(I think I already know the answer to my questions but I'd like to see your opinions)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT 2: Sorry but I decided to remove the long story as I felt the summary was sufficient enough.

EDIT:

I just realized I'm contradicting myself with this very post.
    Last edited by Junket; 30-05-05 at 03:39 AM.

I am deleting this post.
    Last edited by shh!; 30-05-05 at 04:37 AM.

Now that you have edited your post, my first response makes no sense, so I am removing it (but I still think you sound normal). Anyway, removing emotions from your problems make you think more practically, so I approve.

I always was told that girls are the more emotional ones but I find that its the same both ways. Hide or feel them...what ever you want. I prefer to know my feelings and analyze them.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I always was told that girls are the more emotional ones but I find that its the same both ways. Hide or feel them...what ever you want. I prefer to know my feelings and analyze them.
    Well see with me.

When I begin to experience an emotion that I'm unfamiliar with.

I'll break it down for sure.

Anaylyze it in and out.

But an emotion that I find displeasurable that I'm already familiar with.

I tend to just block it out.

EDIT: By the way Shh, I'm 19.
    Last edited by Junket; 30-05-05 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee

EDIT: By the way Shh, I'm 19.
    Only 19? You are very impressive for 19; I would have guessed older. Good sense of humor, too.

I have always believed that men and women were created to deal with emotions in different ways to create a perfect balance. Women deal more with the emotional side of life whereas men deal with the logical. Of course, sometimes there is a switch. With me I'm extremely logical, and wont do anything that doesnt make logical sense to me. Now, that doesnt mean I dont have emotions. I believe it is very important to have a certain extent of emotions in order to make the right desicions. Obviously Stalin and Hitler had none....
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    With me I'm extremely logical, and wont do anything that doesnt make logical sense to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i feel that alot of things come into play. For me sometimes i think alot about how i may be feeling actually i think alot then at times i just blow up, i have been able to think and mull them over with age. The whole shutting down thing i do this alot, sometimes i just dont feel that things are really worth the upset. You do have control over how you feel and what you do with those feelings always its all up to you. shutting down is easier but thinking may sometimes be needed
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I tend to analyse everything, even if it's an emotion I've experienced and analysed already, I'll just do it again. I find that if I try and shut them off, I always have a nagging feeling about it, and it comes out sooner or later and I end up analysing it anyway so I might as well just do all that at the start. Plus I think I deal with situations much better if I've thoroughly thought out and analysed my feelings, rather than trying to shut them out.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Frasbee---Hmmm.....I don't bottle up my emotions, I usually act on them. The act will bring a result, an answer, either good or bad.

I know we're told to use logic, but I don't normally. The best AND worst decisions I have made were all based on emotions. Gut feeling is my compass.

Always follow your instincts
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I for one bottle up all my emotions.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

i do both.. sometimes, i analyze too much that it just goes in circle. I'll think something like, I'm not upset. But why do I react a certain way. Then, it goes to maybe I'm upset. Analyzing never really solves anything for me.

So I just try to ignore them.

And eat lots of bananas. hehe

And think of flinging poo at people.
    "Ogres are like onions."